Interesting/ strange story from sunny Florida.

danb

Here is a link to a news story happening in Florida. About a Chinese woman arrested at Trump's hotel in Florida:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/extreme-flight-risk-chinese-woman-arrested-at-mar-a-lago-says-she-owns-dollar13-million-home-bmw/ar-BBVD0FZ

Some of the details are a bit fuzzy. A few days ago , initially it sounded like a cloak and dagger type story. But at the woman, Ms Zhang, from Shanghai explained her side of the story.

An interesting twist according to her version was: "The function was one of two events originally scheduled to take place Saturday and promoted online by Cindy Yang, a South Florida massage parlor owner who also ran a business that promised Chinese business executives face time and photographs with Trump. Both events had been canceled after the Herald published a selfie Yang took with Trump. Zhang apparently never got the message that the events were off." Ms Zhang claims that she is fairly well off. I wonder how this story is being told in China. As far as having 4 cell phones, I could see that being possible and about the malware on her electronics. I thought that most of Chinese software is often loaded with malware. I wonder if we will ever hear the real story.

The Secret Service is dependent on Mar-a-Lago club employees for security regarding access to the club. What are the odds that two Chinese people might have the same surname?

Mar-a-Lago security believed Zhang was related to a club member with the same surname. . . .

The function was one of two events originally scheduled to take place Saturday and promoted online by Cindy Yang, a South Florida massage parlor owner who also ran a business that promised Chinese business executives face time and photographs with Trump. Both events had been canceled after the Herald published a selfie Yang took with Trump. Zhang apparently never got the message that the events were off.

This looks like the same article (from the same news service Chicago Tribune/Miami Herald) in the SCMP

Tribune News Service

Published: 8:53am, 5 Apr, 2019
Updated: 1:55pm, 5 Apr, 2019

‘Extreme flight risk’: Zhang Yujing, Chinese woman arrested at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago club, owns US$1.3 million home and BMW, court told

• The FBI is investigating whether Zhang Yujing was working as a Chinese intelligence operative, sources say
  • In court, she said she works for Shanghai Zhirong Asset Management, a private-equity business

She may have been referring to two events advertised for March 30 by Cindy Yang, a local Chinese-American businesswoman who has promoted herself as a path of access to Trump and other decision-makers

in Politico from AP -

China providing services to woman arrested at Mar-a-Lago

Zhang’s arrest attracted comments from Chinese internet users on the popular Weibo microblogging service, many of whom portrayed her as having been tricked by those seeking to exploit her desire for attention and connections.
The Communist Party newspaper Global Times, known for its strident nationalism, ran a lengthy report on the Zhang and Yang cases, accusing the U.S. media of hyping them as examples of Chinese “Trojan horses” entering Mar-a-Lago out of an excess of “Cold War thinking.”

I haven't found the Global Times article, but this 'news' seems to have run its course

It will be interesting to hear the final outcome of this situation. Too often the story that we are feed, changes. And then time often erodes the telling of the "rest of the story" For example, whatever happened to the Chinese pilot student who was kidnapped in California last year. The flight school allegedly wanted to force the student back to China for not keeping up with his studies. Or what happened to the drones that were attacking the British airports last Christmas? Too often we only get part of the story.Oh well.

The headline is catchy enough for multiple news sources to pick up on - Chinese lady sold "access to the president", "malware", and 4 cell phones.

The reality is FAR less sexy - my guess is simply a gullible Chinese lady, and a self-replicating Chinese "helper" function on her USB drive. I expect that Mar-a-Lago security is better than this makes it seem - not ALL members or guests have access to the president.

Sometimes no news is just that - no news, in spite of the initial headline that brings it to your attention.

Oh well, I guess this story just goes to show, that even owning a 1.3 million dollar home, and a dadgum BMW is NO iSOLID INDICATOR that said owner has anything even remotely resembling measurable brain wave activity bouncing around inside their brain bucket.

Let us pause a few seconds and hope that this particular lady is at least pretty. Know wudda mean? :victory:

I am not obsessed with the story but I am curious. Yujing Zhang is 32 years old. I have been trying to find a photo of her. To see if she is a "looker" No luck so far. But I did get audio recording of her voice. Here is a link to the story:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/04/03/mar-a-lago-florida-security-breach-audio-yujing-zhang-sot-ebof-vpx.cnn

You can check Google Images for a "Yujing Zhang" - there are quite a few, but none of them are this lady. I imagine that the only photos of her would have been through security cameras at Mar-a-Lago, and that the Secret Service whisked her - and the pictures- away pretty quickly.

I have now be able to locate several photos of Ms. Zhang. Here is a links that shows a couple of her photo's:

Ms. Zhang has another court appearance tomorrow. It might be interesting to see how the story develops. BTW the lady is not too bad looking.

Well, well....nice to see that the lady at least looks nice. :rotfl: I can testify from personal experience....it sucks to be, both, ugly AND STOOPID.

Good luck in court, ma'am. oh yeah darling, psssst....doesn't everybody in China own a 1.3 million dollar home and drive a BMW ?? :smoker:

• 8 months later...

. . . and an encore. From the Miami Herald

‘Who is Mar-a-Lago?’ Arrested Chinese woman appears confused after intrusion at Trump club

Lu was brought to the police department for questioning, then formally charged at 3:36 p.m. — one count of loitering and one count of resisting an officer without violence, both misdemeanors.

Lu first attempted to enter the club around 12:30 p.m. Wednesday through the main entrance, Mar-a-Lago’s security manager Richard Cartolano told police. She was turned away by club security, he said. Lu then headed north along South Ocean Boulevard, the main artery of the exclusive island town of Palm Beach, and walked onto the Mar-a-Lago grounds through an open service entrance.
She made it about 100 yards onto the property and began to take pictures on her cellphone, according to the police report.
Club security again intercepted Lu and called police. When confronted, Lu claimed she did not speak English, according to a person familiar with the incident. Lu fled on foot before officers arrived.

Two days ago, someone called police on me. I parked my car across the street at a curb before I went into my friend's home to visit. Soon the across-street neighbor called police but I didn't know until after my visit was finished. When I came out, I saw a police car standing there, with its big lights shining. I thought the policeman happened to be their neighbor. I didn't realize that I was reported to the police until after the policeman asked me a few questions. In the end, I asked the policeman, "Is this so serious that someone had to call the police, just because I parked my car in an unwelcome front yard curb?" The police officer didn't say much. I left.

He probably agreed with you or he would have had more to say but he had to follow the law. I live in the country and that is exactly why I love living in the country. People here mind their own business but it is so crowded in the city that you are never without eyes on you and some are always eager to call the police on you. You didn't say whether or not he gave you a ticket or not.