P3, documents need to be translated?

By my reading of the P3 instructions, I only need to provided english translations of documents if they are not in english (duh!) or chinese.

Is my understanding correct?

From what I have read it only needs to be translated if not in english or the native language of the country in which it is filed(Yes, Chinese), However why risk it get them translated the cost is not all that great.

We had our's done in the city that has jurisdiction over her home town.

They gaves us 2 copies of each, so we have a copy on had, and they were nicely bound with the letter with chop and embossed seal I think attestiong that the other doc was a true and official document.

As Se_Lang said it was not much around 300 RMB for the 3 sets of docs, maybe a little more or less. i mention this as I read sometime before, someones wife needed thousands of RMB for this and I thought hmmm..

P.S. how do they play "Spot the negro." over here? In Shenzhen most of the people I run into are from Africa and seem to be on buying trips. The few others are from the states.

Being 6 feet tall AND a big nose..I stood out as well, but lately few if any people act suprised or approach me. I was wondering about this after you posted this. Thought .. hmmm maybe I'm blending in.

Mark

Moon,

Regarding the transaltion here is an exact quote from the official usa immlagashion defartment:

" Official Translation Requirements: Effective Jan. 1, 2004

No documents need translation with the following exceptions.

A) Any document that are requested by the BCIS, INS, Dos, NVC, GZ or any offcial or unofficial agency directly or undirectly connected to any and all visa either requested or desired by an citizen or a person wanting citizenship of this or any other country with the exception of region 1, 3 and 8 of the united states of America. To view what area's are included in what region you must gain access to the website that is currently not available. The website will operate every 17th monday, during odd leap years from the hours of 10:15am - 10:16am. All I.P. address will be recorded and negatively impact your request for a visa. If you do not agree to this it, sorry, it is to late your I.P. address has been reported.

:blink: Documents that have an actual physical size of 8.490875" x 11.000025" or larger. Each document will vary with local codes and measurement devices. Measurements must be made in a city not convienent to you or anybody you know, or ever heard of. The documents must be measured on a Panteen Model JHG0876 (currently discontinued) , operated by a Middle Eastern immigrant or a 32 year old Mexican immigrant, in either case the immigrant must be in the USA illegally but posses a drivers ID card and be a recipient of aid in excess of $25,000USD. The documents must be measured in the USA, no more than 1 hour prior to the beneficiary's interview if in China or Russia, all other countries are exempt including hostile countries in the middle east and those labeled terrorist.

Translation Requirements:

A) Documents originally created in the country whose host language differs from that of the USA must have the above required documents officially translated into the native language even if they are originally drafted in the same language. You must aquire the from DS-23487 translating home language to the same language from. It must be notorized by a competent "repetative translator notary". Such official person must act without repute and emboss said documents with a seal currently not available which measures 2 34/56 and leaves no hanging chads when viewed by the official embossed seal investigator at your host embassy. The seal must be viewed at 80X dark field, cross polorized magnification corrected for both spherrical and chromatic abberration.

:D No documents will be accepted if legible without aid.

C) No documents will be accepted if the are completed in full.

Any errors or ommissions will indicate lack of care, inability to understand simple direction and suggest your lack of desire to legally enter the USA. For a simple explanation you must visit the following site >> http://www.