insufficiant information to get 10 year greencard

so one of my wifes friends got a letter two weeks ago saying they have insufficiant information on obtaining proof of bona fide marriage. so they need to send more paperwork .so i offered to write a letter for them.they talked to the lawyer that help my wife and i. i guess he told her that i need to send a copy of my birth certificate and passport with the letter. im not really confortable of sending that info with someone else's case. anyone had to resend paperwork?

so one of my wifes friends got a letter two weeks ago saying they have insufficiant information on obtaining proof of bona fide marriage. so they need to send more paperwork .so i offered to write a letter for them.they talked to the lawyer that help my wife and i. i guess he told her that i need to send a copy of my birth certificate and passport with the letter. im not really confortable of sending that info with someone else's case. anyone had to resend paperwork?

I don't think anyone has ever been required to provide that information. In any case, provide only what you are comfortable with.

The affidavit is secondary evidence - you can give them one and let them decide whether to use it.

You might add your passport number and contact information to the letter.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • Like 1