Oath of Allegiance

• 2 weeks later...

My wife passed her citizenship test on March 6 but still no word about the oath. After the test she was instructed to send in a paper showing that her status of a previous arrest was dismissed which we did.

Any ideas what is taking so long?

Here cuzin' Corn Pone, I'll be happy to field this one fer ya.

I don't know why it is taking so long.

With our son, Billy Bob Jimmy-Joe-Buck Zhang, he took his test on April 12th of 2018 and we went to Pittsburgh on June 8th to see him sworn in.

The ceremony was one of the most patriotic events I have ever seen....and Imma sayin' this after marchin' in the dedication of the Vietnam Wall in 1982, and attending the dadgum dedication of the Vietnam Helicopter pilots and crewmen Memorial in Arlington National Cemetery earlier this year. There were 25 new American citizens sworn in (from 19 different countries). America the Beautiful was sung, the National Anthem was played, and the Pledge of Allegiance was recited. It may be hard to believe but I swear to you, I saw no one take a knee during any of the patriotic music, or even puke in disgust when the word God was mentioned. It was a refreshing and beautiful event with lots of happiness and smiles....sniff, sniff...I had to use a beach towel to keep from ruining my sear sucker leisure suit....know wudda mean? We even got the pleasure to see a video of our great president welcoming the new American citizens into the club.

I haven't been serious about much since 1972 but I was surprised and floored by that swearing in ceremony. It was like being taken back in time to a former American atmosphere. The one that I grew up in, went to war for, and was thinking that we had lost forever. As a more refined person than myself would say, it was a very refreshingly poignant moment in time. :victory:

I hope SWMBO's (she who must be obeyed) swearing in ceremony date comes soon.

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Damn, that was very well said. I have to go with ole Trump on this one. These knee-jerk millionaires privileged S**'s should be fired and run out of the stadium if not out of the country. I thought that they were all going to leave the country. What happen to that? They know where the honey/money is at. I would give every one of them 5 years or less to be broke.

How ya doin', cuzin' Larry?

Shucks cuzin' it's America, everyone is allowed to do as they dang well please. There has even been a buncha folks who went off and fought for their right to take a knee, for them athletes, and the rest of the cry babies. :rotfl:

It was so cool to see our son, Fengqi sitting up there with the other 24, soon to be, "citizens by choice". Inside that room I was greatly surprised, to the point of very happy tears to see a slice of the America that I got the privilege to grow up in. How refreshing that was, brief as it was. I had thought I'd never see that side of America again. And, it was a wonder to sit there and watch the culmination, for Fengqi, of the shit storm the DOS handed his mom and I for 5 years so that he could stand and take his oath on that day.

• Like 2

My wife passed her citizenship test on March 6 but still no word about the oath. After the test she was instructed to send in a paper showing that her status of a previous arrest was dismissed which we did.

Any ideas what is taking so long?

Here cuzin' Corn Pone, I'll be happy to field this one fer ya.

I don't know why it is taking so long.

With our son, Billy Bob Jimmy-Joe-Buck Zhang, he took his test on April 12th of 2018 and we went to Pittsburgh on June 8th to see him sworn in.

The ceremony was one of the most patriotic events I have ever seen....and Imma sayin' this after marchin' in the dedication of the Vietnam Wall in 1982, and attending the dadgum dedication of the Vietnam Helicopter pilots and crewmen Memorial in Arlington National Cemetery earlier this year. There were 25 new American citizens sworn in (from 19 different countries). America the Beautiful was sung, the National Anthem was played, and the Pledge of Allegiance was recited. It may be hard to believe but I swear to you, I saw no one take a knee during any of the patriotic music, or even puke in disgust when the word God was mentioned. It was a refreshing and beautiful event with lots of happiness and smiles....sniff, sniff...I had to use a beach towel to keep from ruining my sear sucker leisure suit....know wudda mean? We even got the pleasure to see a video of our great president welcoming the new American citizens into the club.

I haven't been serious about much since 1972 but I was surprised and floored by that swearing in ceremony. It was like being taken back in time to a former American atmosphere. The one that I grew up in, went to war for, and was thinking that we had lost forever. As a more refined person than myself would say, it was a very refreshingly poignant moment in time. :victory:

I hope SWMBO's (she who must be obeyed) swearing in ceremony date comes soon.

Awesome cuzin kawn licka!! So nice to hear from you again!

Damn, that was very well said. I have to go with ole Trump on this one. These knee-jerk millionaires privileged S**'s should be fired and run out of the stadium if not out of the country. I thought that they were all going to leave the country. What happen to that? They know where the honey/money is at. I would give every one of them 5 years or less to be broke.

😉😉😉

• 2 weeks later...

Unless needing an unexpired green card for something you could always hold off on filing that I-90 form and wait. LPR status does not expire with a 10 year card.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/B2en.pdf

Read carefully, the implication is you “should” renew within 6 months of expire date however also says can file the I-90 after the expire date.

• Like 1

One other option would be INFOPASS appointment, asking what the hold up is, and asking nicely if they will rubber stamp her passport with an I-551 stamp to allow her passport to serve as a temporary green card while they are working on her naturalization. The I-551 stamp tends to be valid for a year.

One other option would be INFOPASS appointment, asking what the hold up is, and asking nicely if they will rubber stamp her passport with an I-551 stamp to allow her passport to serve as a temporary green card while they are working on her naturalization. The I-551 stamp tends to be valid for a year.

DON'T be surprised if they require a pending I-90 renewal application for the stamp.

Other problems which may arise are listed at https://learn.simplecitizen.com/2017/06/expired-green-cards-common-problems-solutions/.

Have tried numerous times to get an infopass appt. but there is never a slot.