Probably going to have to find a CS but...

Here’s what we’ve got. I do believe her vaccination record is incomplete, despite it saying that the “K Visa applicant voluntarily complete vaccination requirements”.

She also was told to return for the second half of the MMR and varicella vaccines, but we had already left Guangzhou at that point and are now in the states.

Thanks for the help as always everyone!

I’ll do my best to explain then. She received her MMR and varicella at the hospital in Guangzhou as well as a flu shot. She also didn’t revive the TDAP vaccine because they said they don’t even have that in China anymore (which I thought was pretty weird and ridiculous).

They gave her a yellow book and one page of the DS-3025 along with the envelope which we turned into the consulate at her interview.

I’m just trying to figure out whether or not we’re going to have to go through this whole CS thing.

Yep, In order to have avoided dealing with a civil surgeon in the states you would have had to ask the medical center to split the medical packet in to two parts, one for interview and the other vaccination record for adjustment of status in a separate sealed envelope.

When dealing with a state side doctor, insist that they transfer the yellow book record to an I-693 and nothing else.

See topics tagged I-693 http://candleforlove.com/forums/tags/I-693/

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/41344-us-civil-surgeons-and-the-i-693/

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Woah, here! The DS-3025 is the overseas version of the vaccination supplement. The USCIS will have the original, but will generally issue an RFE if it is lost when they process the AOS application.

The I-693 is the stateside (USCIS) version

Why would he not simply include a copy of the DS-3025 when submitting the AOS application? If not, they would have the option of either getting the I-693 done pre-emptively, or waiting to see if they get an RFE.

See http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/101202-faqs-forms-i-693-and-ds-3025/

They gave her a yellow book and one page of the DS-3025 along with the envelope which we turned into the consulate at her interview.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Thanks y'all! I think that clears things up a little bit more.

I did some looking through the i-693 instructions, and it says:

"3. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical examination overseas? If you were admitted as a: A. K-1 fiancé...then:

(1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year of an overseas medical examination...

(2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the Part 9. Vaccination Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1., 2., 3., 4., 6., and 9. of Form I-693."

So this seems to agree with what Randy was saying in that if we did do the I-693 now, it would be preemptively as this would only be needed if the DS 3025, that USCIS should have, was not completed properly. We will certainly include a copy of the DS-3025 with her AOS packet.

My only concern is that she did not get the TDap vaccine when she was over there, because the staff at the Guangzhou medical exam hospital said they don't even have that vaccine in China anymore. However as I said in my first post, her DS 3025 is marked as "K Visa applicant voluntarily completed vaccination requirements". I'm just worried that this could come back later. What's the worst that can happen if they decide that she needs this and issue an RFE or something? It's not going to hurt her application would it? or cause her to be sent back or anything? I'm just thinking of worst case scenarios here...

Edited by homerjay1011 (see edit history)