Lan Kwai Fong Traffic Jam

There's always someone in the back who thinks he's driving a Lamborghini . . .

gallery_1846_783_431855.jpg

The streets in Lan Kwai Fong are narrow and steep (the north-south streets anyway) ONE car illegally parked can cause a MAJOR headache, extending to a network of streets adjacent to the one he's on. This silver car is parked on a steep street (Aberdeen St.) next to our hotel. A truck tried to go around it, but there just wasn't enough room.

gallery_1846_783_533267.jpg

He was wedged in with nowhere to go.

gallery_1846_783_9128.jpg

gallery_1846_783_570924.jpg

A kind policeman tried to tell people where they could go.

gallery_1846_783_167048.jpg

All to no avail

gallery_1846_783_612905.jpg

• Like 1

I know that I'm a dirty ole man but a little gasoline and a match would send the message to these guys that they just can not do as they please just because they are driving a million dollar car. It probably would take maybe two or three of these cars to spontaneously combust to get the message around if put in the media. I've seen them in Beijing. Even the ones with BMW etc think that they have the right to run over you and one almost got me once. I felt the car slide by my clothes but never touched me. I was standing sideways is the only reason that he did not run over my feet. That was close enough and I was still standing on the side of the road at an intersection waiting to cross. :ranting:

• Like 1

I have always maintained that no matter how you dress them up, the Chinese drive like they were still walking a cow pasture.

("Oh, excuse me. I did not mean to bump into you.")

Even after 18 years here the wife is still guilty of that and to let her push the grocery cart is an invitation to a fight or a law suit. :sweating_buckets:

How true, that cracked me up.