Anniversary Gifts And Keeping In Touch

As of April 15,2004 We shall celebrate our first anniversary. Its been an interesting year indeed. I bought Lynn a gold and diamond necklace which she loves dearly. A good topic for consideration would be "Gifts" and what would be appealing to the chinese spouse. Cultural tastes differ and yet some things are universal in their appeal.

Even in China Diamonds are a girls best friend it seems. What ideas do the rest of you have?

Still Kicking

Joseph

Good question! My finace' is here now and will celebrate her birthday on April 19. Dinner out of course is planned she loves to eat out and is very "westernized" however what is the appropiate gifts to give?? She is certianly the traditional home maker loves to cook and keep home. I like to cook to so we take turns or do together. She is suprised by the seasoning here that she can get in China Curry/MSG(not to much) etc.etc. Anyone with input will be appreciated!! :D

Mike

For the anniversary I got a doz roses. She liked them very much. All year long we would buy what was needed, skis, boots, hiking boots, trips. Wait, I did get her a used dictionary at anniversary time! We are saving money for her parents trip here so the diamond I got her in China is the only jewelry I have purschased.

And every day I hug her and tell her I love her........

I agree a weekend trip sound like the best

I bought my wife a diamond bracelet for her birthday

she love it but don't want me spending that much money on gifts

she would prefer we go some place for a mini vacation.

resp.

That is exactly what my wife told me.

I bought a ring for her on Christmas. When I showed it to her on the webcam she gave me hell for wasting money. Oh man I love this woman!!!!

A trip to NY is by far the one thing she would appreciate the most, and that is the first thing we will do when she gets here.