• 3 weeks later...

from Goldthread

A rare look inside a Tibetan horse racing festival

This annual Tibetan horse race is a longstanding tradition that brings together a community to celebrate culture. The riders compete in both speed and agility. The festival was banned during the Cultural Revolution and is still subject to sudden cancellation by the government today.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • Like 2
On 12/12/2019 at 9:36 AM, amberjack1234 said:

WTF???????? I just can not believe this. What an idiot or is he like they were 20 years ago and think that they are privileged because they own a car and can just run over you. I had one come so close to me that I felt the mirror slide my by my coat.

Threatening or bullying is no big deal, but making physical contact is a BIG problem. This guy may find himself making payments for quite a while. It's not an excuse, of course, but I would expect he was distracted.

On 12/12/2019 at 12:19 PM, Randy W said:
On 12/12/2019 at 9:36 AM, amberjack1234 said:

WTF???????? I just can not believe this. What an idiot or is he like they were 20 years ago and think that they are privileged because they own a car and can just run over you. I had one come so close to me that I felt the mirror slide my by my coat.

Threatening or bullying is no big deal, but making physical contact is a BIG problem. This guy may find himself making payments for quite a while. It's not an excuse, of course, but I would expect he was distracted.

I was thinking the same thing but when you are driving on a public street driving is a full-time job no time for distractions unless it's a good looking gal in a super short mini skirt. :eyebrow:

• Like 1

Hello world, this is China

Nov 6, 2019

CGTN

This is the east of the world. Here stands a country you'll love if you get to know it. The country has just celebrated its 70th birthday. Parades and galas spread joy from dawn to midnight. Its shining moments were shared with the world.

This open and confident country with nearly 1.4 billion diligent people, led by a strong political party, has actualized its dreams one after another, capturing world attention.

• Like 1

from Goldthread on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/scmp/videos/3027946474096297/

South China Morning Post
 7 hrs ·

How An NYC Food Truck Founder Took a Chinese Crepe to the Next LevelBest of Goldthread: This is jianbing, the popular Chinese breakfast crepe, and this is the woman who helped popularise it in New York.

• Like 1

from the People's Daily on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PeoplesDaily/videos/549152839265176/

Chinese calligraphy, an artistic expression of human language in a tangible form, is not exclusively for humans anymore. This robot not only masters this art, but it is also designed to preserve the character calligraphy culture.