On 9/6/2019 at 10:39 PM, Randy W said:

I'm thinking they MUST be different people (Li Ziqi and the one who built the house) - Part II here is much more homey and down to earth

Just watched this again when it showed up on my Facebook feed - looks to me like she's making Mexican food, including corn chips and a salsa dip.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

. . . and Part III

Goldthread

71.2K subscribers

Li Ziqi’s videos about life in rural China have enchanted millions around the world, but the internet celebrity has never spoken to an English-language media outlet—until now.

In our exclusive interview with Li, she talks to us about her life, her craft, how she ended up making videos, and her early struggles as a one-woman band.

This is the final episode of our three-part collaboration with Li Ziqi.

You may be right. I haven't watched them again because of the late hour here. They do portray her as the same person in the interview. I am so busy watching what she is doing. It amazes me.

I am quite handy at making things but nothing like her. I use to make custom made knives and enjoyed that but without the expensive knife equipment if is more difficult and much more time-consuming. I have done a lot of woodworking too but the dust from the work is to tough on me now and I just can't stand to wear a mask.

I ask the wife if she could do any of those things. She just laughed and said you have to be kidding.

It seems that I have seen the blond-haired girl's videos before. She was good. I got the same impression about the old Canadian dude too. I saw the videos about his wife and even that included her. I hope that she does well. Breast cancer is much more curable how a days.

Thanks for sharing them with us.

On 9/13/2019 at 3:18 PM, amberjack1234 said:

. . .

It seems that I have seen the blond-haired girl's videos before. She was good. I got the same impression about the old Canadian dude too. I saw the videos about his wife and even that included her. I hope that she does well. Breast cancer is much more curable how a days.

Thanks for sharing them with us.

I think Larry added in a response to a PM I had sent him earlier, No problem!

• 2 weeks later...

"You're breaking MY heart" - from the SCMP on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/scmp/videos/538812020296663/

Bargaining for fakes in Beijing - again - and more viral stories from China this week.

For more stories on Chinese society: http://sc.mp/chinasociety

TheChinaTrips said:

The tallest fairytale castle is “Authentically Disney, Distinctly Chinese”

Shanghai Disney Resort is unique from its counterparts as it incorporated Chinese cultural elements throughout the resort.

Here are some elements that makes Shanghai Disney Resort different than others:

- Peony Golden Finial

- Garden of 12 Friends

- Chinese Restaurants and Foods

- Mulan

- Disney characters demonstrating Tai Chi (occasionally)

Follow us to explore the fascinating world

from Goldthread on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/342615829579497/posts/684943778680032/

These clay teapots are ubiquitous, found in Chinatowns all over the world and of course, in China. They originate from Yixing, a city just west of Shanghai. A quality teapot starts at around $60 and the price can balloon to up to thousands of dollars. We went there, talked to artisans, and found out what makes a quality teapot.

A nice video (no English) from Huaqing Palace Xi'an on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/215909458448335/posts/2632291703476753/

雪泡儿 Xuě pào er or Snow bubble
#InternetCelebrityHuaqingpalace
Internet celebrity leads you to see the dance show in Huaqing palace
The Song of Evelasting Sorrow-雪泡儿