AOS Interview #2

Another statement on the AOS interview appointment letter

"...You must also provide: Evidence the marriage was entered in good faith."

(yeah right, I went through all the K1 hell because I like excruciating mental anguish)

Examples they list:

1) Rental agreements

2) Mortgage agreements

3) Joint bank accounts

4) Proof of joint property ownership

5) Health Insurance

6) Birth certificates of children

7) Utility bills

First of all, #1, 2, 3, 4 are a bit premature, and we don't have.

#6 is N/A, and #7 I never thought was necessary, and may be too late, now.

Called BCIS, they said:

#5 would help (since I actually just added her, but couldn't before because of new job). Also 2003 taxes, (if she's on there, and she is), and school documents for our son.

But all 3 of those docs may/may not be enough. Very elusive she (BCIS) was on the phone, and would not give a comprehensive list. (said they don't have one). She concluded that the interview officers are very well trained, and can spot fraud with or without these docs.

Also said unlikely she receives a card or passport stamp(?) at this interview, they likely need more time to research?

Anyone gone through this as well?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Long_strider

At the initial AOS interview we brought little in the way of proof other than pictures of the wedding with friends. I also brought copy of her medical insurance card. The INS person never looked at them.

We did not have rental agreement or the other things mentioned.

I have heard that the at the time of the second AOS interview after being in the US for 2 years that more evidence is needed then.

Others may have a different experience, but for us, it was relatively painless process with little evidence needed.

long_strider

Why are 1 thru 4 premature.  This is exactly what they are looking for. How much effort to add her to your checking account and home deed or rental agreement?

My opinion is, why and how in the world would that have anything to do with "Evidence the marriage was entered in good faith" ?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=i...%20good%20faith

"2. The assent of the mind to the statement or proposition of another, on the ground of the manifest truth of what he utters; firm and earnest belief, on probable evidence of any kind, especially in regard to important moral truth."

No one equates money & assests with faith to me.

I understand the political or societal reasons why they (BCIS) would think so, but they're wrong.