Have a Blessed Veterans Day

Mick

I want to begin by expressing my gratitude to all those who served, in whatever military conflict our nation has been involved in. Today the History Channel is running a lot of documentaries on the various wars yet, as they often do, they seem to skip over Korea. I had an uncle who went to Korea and never returned. I placed flowers on his grave this morning. I especially send my thanks to those on this board who served - too many to count. Tsap, Allon, Dennis, wawster, warpedbored - like I said, please pardon my memory. I am kind of sick right now and am not thinking too clearly (I grew up in the the 60s so I never have thought too clearly :victory: ). I did not mean to leave anyone out.And I especially send my regards to all those grunts who never returned - and a special love goes out to those 80 who died up close and personal to this broken-hearted medic that punched himself, wishing he could have done more.

To all the vets and their loved ones, we owe you more than words can express.

• Like 2

Back atcha Mick! I hope that you had a great day as well, and that you're feeling a tad better, buddy!

Every Veteran's day, I get rather sober all of a sudden when it hits me that some guys I knew and cared for....just aren't here anymore.

I reckon that's the point. As long as we remember them, they're still with us.

Then I raise a whiskey glass....and get a bit maudlin for awhile.