Immunizations in the US

Hi, Everyone-

We are packing up and getting ready to buy plane tickets.

I have a couple of questions about immunizations.

We do not currently live near the immunization/medical centers in China, but when we arrive in the US, it will be after the 8 week mark listed on the immunization sheet as the window to receive the 2nd round of shots.

Can we get the shots after we return to the States and have them still be effective? (It will be about 9-10 weeks.) Will we encounter any problems at immigration/customs without the 2nd shots?

Thank so much!

Hi, Everyone-

We are packing up and getting ready to buy plane tickets.

I have a couple of questions about immunizations.

We do not currently live near the immunization/medical centers in China, but when we arrive in the US, it will be after the 8 week mark listed on the immunization sheet as the window to receive the 2nd round of shots.

Can we get the shots after we return to the States and have them still be effective? (It will be about 9-10 weeks.) Will we encounter any problems at immigration/customs without the 2nd shots?

Thank so much!

No, you will NOT experience any problems at immigration/customs without the 2nd shots. Any subsequent rounds of shots do not enter your immigrations records.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

ZhWei,

There will be no problem. My wife and son were in the same situation when they came through the POE.

After scheduling them to see a doctor here for the second round (about 4 months after the first round), the doctor told us that the times they listed on the sheet were the minimum amount of time that you had to wait for a follow-up shot, so it was no big deal. She recommended that you have them done within 6 months of the first round, though.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...