Minutia about the Notarized "White Books"

Greetings-

We have finally scheduled our interview and are double-checking the instructions for paperwork to bring. In this set of instructions I see some things that I didn't find before in other places. We got the "white books" done a few months ago when home for the Chinese New Year, so I'm really hoping they don't need to be redone.

In the Visa Instructions, it says this regarding the birth certificate, "The certificate must also indicate that the public office extracted the information from official records." I'm thinking this would be from the hukou. In my husband's notarized whitebook, I can't see anything that says where they got the information from, neither in the English or Chinese.

Second, I just want to double-check that a notarization regarding his non-criminal record is good nation-wide. We don't need to get one from each city he has lived in, correct?

Thanks so much!

Cheers!

The notation on the cover sheet of a Notarial Document or Certificate is Gong Zheng Shu, or 公证书. This simply refers to the fact that it IS a Notarial Document issued by the Gong Zheng Chu.

The second page is the Chinese document, in this case, a 出生公证书 (chu sheng gong zheng shu)or Notarial Certificate of Birth.

This tells the consulate that it IS the correct document.

Chinese Essential Documents - White Books

Hi,

Actually I was planning to as a question about this so I thought I would join in. My wife and I live in Nanjing and will be filing the I130 for her in a few weeks and I know I don't have to file the notarized Birth Cert. now but there may be an issue with her notarized BC. She got one last year. The page with the birth info only has 公证书, (same as front cover) not 出生公证书 . A few months ago we went to the notary office and showed them a redacted copy of a sample notarized birth cert. from 2005 we found on line that had 出生公证书 on it. The employee at the notary office said they don't prepare it that way anymore, now they just show 公证书 at the top of the notarized birth certificate. In English our certificate just says notarial certificate and gives her birth date, birthplace and parents names. However from what I have read at this and other websites the U.S. government wants it to say Notarial Birth Certificate. Has anyone encountered this problem? Thanks.

My mum in law submitted notary docs that had this cover. You will be fine he consulate handles thousands of cases all with notary documents in the same style, and never a report of a problem.

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Immigration%20Stuff/C512D614-7A06-490A-9D76-DB5CFA7E25B5_zpsbk5gsmrh.jpeg

My mum in law submitted notary docs that had this cover. You will be fine he consulate handles thousands of cases all with notary documents in the same style, and never a report of a problem.

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Immigration%20Stuff/C512D614-7A06-490A-9D76-DB5CFA7E25B5_zpsbk5gsmrh.jpeg

The problem is that that's what EVERY notarial certificate says on the cover in Chinese - it means GongZhengShu 公证书 or notarial certificate.

See Birth Certificate Question - Is Certified/Translated Hukou Enough? for just ONE of the issues which came up last year.

Usually, the SECOND page IS the actual Chinese document, in this case, a 出生公证书 (chu sheng gong zheng shu)or Notarial Certificate of Birth.

This tells the consulate that it IS the correct document.

If what they were told is CORRECT, then fine, but it does NOT say certificate of birth. Notarial Certificates are ROUTINELY REJECTED at the Consulate if they do NOT also say 出生公证书 (chu sheng gong zheng shu)or Notarial Certificate of Birth.

The employee at the notary office said they don't prepare it that way anymore, now they just show 公证书 at the top of the notarized birth certificate.

I would recommend that they keep a record of the person's name, the office, and date, AND what they were told.

The sample you show above is the exact one we showed them. Apparently there is a conflict with what the Jiangsu authorities are willing to provide and what the U.S. wants. I thought about asking about this issue at the consulate when I file the I-130 since the B.C.is not due at that time anyway. Thanks

My mum in laws just said GongZhengShu ֤ on cover and main page, NVC and consulate did not have any issues with any of her notory certificates

There seems to be a great deal of confusion at the Notarial Offices around the Notarial Certificates of Birth. There is a very recent case on VJ of someone who described their document somewhat similarly to billinchina's. It was rejected, and they had to go back for another, although he did not say what the difference was.

The confusion seems to have arisen from directives issued by the Chinese government concerning ACTUAL birth certificates. These directives, as far as I know, DO NOT APPLY to anyone born before 1994.

Anyone who has a hukou and a Chinese ID is a FULLY DOCUMENTED citizen under the policies which were in effect at the time of their birth. My understanding is that they SHOULD BE ABLE to get a Notarial Certificate of Birth.

The first page simply identifies it as a Notarial Certificate and identifies the offices where it was issued. EVERY Notarial Certificate (what we call a "white book") will have this cover, regardless of what the actual document is.

The SECOND page is the actual document in Chinese - this is the page that the Chinese assistants at the consulate will look at to determine if it is the correct document.

The third page is the English translation. The fourth and fifth pages are ANOTHER notarial document attesting to the accuracy of the English translation.