Translation of apartment contract

Hi, my name is William and I am new. I am an American teacher in China and have been I am currently working with an attorney on the I-130 for sponsoring my wife. We want to use apartment contract but have a question about translation.The USCIS website says documents need to be fully translated. We have a standard Chinese property company lease which has lots and lots of preprinted terms. Does all that need to be translated or would just the main terms (names address, rent amount, lease term, etc) be ok with U.S. government. I am hoping someone here has had experience using a standard for apartment contract. I'll probably have to pay someone a lot of money for a full line by line translation. Thanks, William

Complete translation, can be done by anyone conversant in both languages, they then "certify" it by making a notation at end of document that they certify it as an accurate and true translation, sign it and provide contact info.

One time I translated a document for my wife, then had a friend conversant compare and certify it.

This is not a required document. It is usually only useful for evidence of your residence when submitting the I-130 at the consulate (we call this DCF or Direct Consular Filing). I would expect that many have simply stated the purpose of the document, or even used it without translation.

If you are filing DCF, The Consular Official will return your residence evidence immediately, once he has accepted the application.