Son's American Passport, Wife's 10 Year Tourist Visa -- proble

...so my second wife and I were married in the United States. It was on a tourist visa, which she got a few months before our planned summer vacation back to California.

We live in China.

About a month before we go, we find out that we're expecting. Looking at the marriage requirements for China, we just got married in my hometown because it was hella easier. (I also know from experience --my ex-wife is also Chinese -- that getting married in China has a lot of bureaucracy that I really wasn't interested in.)

So we get married in California. Then we went back to China.

About a month ago, my second son was born.

My wife's tourist visa is good for 10 years.

I want to apply for his passport but I have concerns about how it will affect my wife's tourist visa.

She has no interest in immigration, but would like to visit in the summers.

Will applying for our son's American passport affect her tourist visa? Looking at the instructions it says they need to see both parent's passport and marriage certificate.

Thanks for the advice.

maybe I'm being paranoid.

But, i thought each use of the 10 year visa is now subject to approval ..... or, did I dream that?

Even so, whether she travels with her American visa-holding husband or American visa-holding son will raise the same sort of overstay risk.

EVERY use of a visa is subject to the approval of the Immigrations Officer.

But what you are probably thinking of - http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/48452-evus-your-10-yr-visa-is-not-enough/

Beginning in Nov., 2016, Chinese travelers with 10 year visas to the U.S. will be required to periodically update their biographical information