I-130 Form Expired

Hi,

I will be flying to Guangzhou next week to hand in my I-130 and supporting documents. I have been studying many of the older posts on the site and triple checking all of my documents. One thing that worries me is that on the I-130 that I downloaded from the USCIS webiste it shows that the form expires on 12/31/2015.

Is this something to worry about? Have they just not updated the form?

Thanks in advance...

"Expiration date" shown on forms

Note that any "expiration date" listed on a form is NOT that form's expiration date, but the Office of Management and Budget approval expiration date as required by the Paperwork Reduction act. Data is collected and submitted to the OMB in order to track its usage. A form may contain a notation such as:

Approved OMB 1405-0134
Expires 11/30/2011
Estimated Burden 1 Hour*

but the form may be used beyond 11/30/2011 unless the new instructions specifically state otherwise. Of course, it's best to try to locate the most recent version of any form you submit.

The most recent form on the USCIS web site has an "expiration date" of 12/31/2015. It is advisable to always check this web site for the most recent form.

• Like 1

As Randy said, this comes up every time a form goes past the OMB date, it is not a form's expiration date, the forms are usable long after that revision date.