Administrative Processing for Higher Education

My wife had her interview this month and, unfortunately, was given a 221G blue form. The consulate told her that they don't need any more paperwork and that her application only needs to undergo further administrative processing.

The strange part is that the interview did not contain many questions about us, but instead was more concerned with my wife's education and work experience as an engineer.

I'm wondering if anyone has had any experiences similar to ours. She isn't part of the CCP, She wasn't missing any paperwork, and their decision to perform administrative processing seemed to be related to her education and work experience.

Interesting. Maybe there is a question regarding how she could advance so far and NOT be in the party. Or, there is a perception that her workplace(s) is in the realm of an important technology field here. But that would mean that would mean screening applicants based on a skill set and possible industry connections, which would be a new thing, I think.

I guess you have to wait, and waiting is NOT unusual.

Greg

• 1 month later...

My wife had her interview this month and, unfortunately, was given a 221G blue form. The consulate told her that they don't need any more paperwork and that her application only needs to undergo further administrative processing.

The strange part is that the interview did not contain many questions about us, but instead was more concerned with my wife's education and work experience as an engineer.

I'm wondering if anyone has had any experiences similar to ours. She isn't part of the CCP, She wasn't missing any paperwork, and their decision to perform administrative processing seemed to be related to her education and work experience.

Hey Wolfman,

Sorry to hear about this..Since it has already been a month since you posted, I hope there has already been updates on this, hopefully a positive one!

I am just wondering if your wife is Chinese or foreigner?

In either case, do you remember filling out information about Education in DS-260 under Work/Eduction/Training Section?

I am asking this because it looks like Education part is missing in the DS-260 application itself, at least this is the case for foreigners- and so is for me.

If that was the case for you and your wife as well, it could be because they needed more information on this which there is currently now way to add information on DS-260?

Was she asked to show her certificates etc during that interview and was she able to show these?