Questions Regarding Address Agreement on DCF paperwork

This is my first time to post; I'm thankful for all the great information that you guys have put out there.

My husband and I currently live in Chengdu, but he is from Fujian. We want to file our address in Chengdu for the I-130 paperwork so that we can receive them there, rather than them being mailed to his parents' village, which is where his hukou is. His residency card in Chengdu has expired. At the moment we cannot renew it (that's another story). Is it possible to submit paperwork for the I-130 with a different address than our "white books"? Do we just need to submit a letter explaining why? Can anyone advise on this? Thanks so much.

ZHWei

Thanks so much! So the important thing is for the address in all the white books to be the same, right? My husband's parents haven't updated their house number in their hukou's official address, so we are trying to figure out if we need to update that first. Of course it's around New Year's so everything is taking longer. All four documents that we need notarized: birth document/certificate, marriage certificate, hukou, and criminal record can all be produced with the same address: the old one. His parents' shenfenzheng have the new one, but that's not required for the I-130 process.

So we are good to use the old address, correct? Or do we need to update the hukou first?

Then on the I-130, we use our mailing address in Chengdu for all the sections?

Thanks so much!

Thanks so much! So the important thing is for the address in all the white books to be the same, right? My husband's parents haven't updated their house number in their hukou's official address, so we are trying to figure out if we need to update that first. Of course it's around New Year's so everything is taking longer. All four documents that we need notarized: birth document/certificate, marriage certificate, hukou, and criminal record can all be produced with the same address: the old one. His parents' shenfenzheng have the new one, but that's not required for the I-130 process.

So we are good to use the old address, correct? Or do we need to update the hukou first?

Then on the I-130, we use our mailing address in Chengdu for all the sections?

Thanks so much!

White books reflect what is in the hukou, and should be turned in INTACT. You do not need to change ANYTHING for the Americans - the white book is a CHINESE document, produced by the Chinese authorities for use overseas.

All questions about addresses need to be answered appropriately - there is not necessarily any correlation with the white books.

• 1 month later...