Interview Scheduled. CGI Stanley not finding The Case Number. What now

Background:

Yesterday, we have received email from NVC stating that the interview is scheduled. Today, following the given instruction in the email, I went to http://nvc.state.gov/interview and downloaded the additional instruction for Guangzhou consulate. In this additional instruction, I have to get registered at CGI Stanley website.

Problem:

At the Step 8 of going through “New Application/Schedule Appointment”, it prompts an error stating "The Case ID that you have entered cannot be found".

I double checked to make sure that I have entered the correct case ID. What now?

Happy Holidays!!

Hi there roseattle,

I had the exact same thing happen in my process. No worries.

I'm assuming that your visa petition is a CR1?

For a US submitted petition, the NVC now schedules the interview. You still have to register with CGI Stanley for your UID and the location where the visa/passport package is to be dropped off.

But when you get to the next step - the scheduling of the interview, don't worry about the site not recognizing the case ID.

Your interview is scheduled. Once you/your spouse go to the interview and pass, within a day or two, the CEAC site will change the case status as "Issued". I then went to the CGI Stanley site and scrolled down to the bottom, and used their " Passport tracker". They do update it, but not all that efficiently. For example, I had the package delivered to my wife's home, and she had it in hand while the CGI Stanley site still had the status as "Received from consular section, and processing for delivery". If you are having the passport/visa package delivered to a CITIC bank branch, you might want to contact that branch periodically after the visa is issued to see if it has arrived.

So no worries. You're on track.

I hope that you and yours had a Merry Christmas! :)

Warren

• Like 1

Fully agree with Waster.

Keep in mind American immigration is in shambles, even more their websites. CGI Stanley is the same Canadian outfit that puked on us olamaNOcare.

Steer to the course. Your interview is scheduled. Make sure your spouse brings a printout of that letter, the DS-260 and other supporting docs

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi there roseattle,

I had the exact same thing happen in my process. No worries.

I'm assuming that your visa petition is a CR1?

For a US submitted petition, the NVC now schedules the interview. You still have to register with CGI Stanley for your UID and the location where the visa/passport package is to be dropped off.

But when you get to the next step - the scheduling of the interview, don't worry about the site not recognizing the case ID.

Your interview is scheduled. Once you/your spouse go to the interview and pass, within a day or two, the CEAC site will change the case status as "Issued". I then went to the CGI Stanley site and scrolled down to the bottom, and used their " Passport tracker". They do update it, but not all that efficiently. For example, I had the package delivered to my wife's home, and she had it in hand while the CGI Stanley site still had the status as "Received from consular section, and processing for delivery". If you are having the passport/visa package delivered to a CITIC bank branch, you might want to contact that branch periodically after the visa is issued to see if it has arrived.

So no worries. You're on track.

I hope that you and yours had a Merry Christmas! :)

Warren

Thank you so much for the info, Warren. I have contacted the CGI customer service and they provided the proper steps:

1. Log in to your profile on www.ustraveldocs.com web site;

2. Select “Schedule New Application” option;

3. Select “Immigrant Visa - NVC Applicants only - Registration ”;

4. Select your visa category and enter the CITIC branch pick up location convenient for you or choose Premium Delivery service (chargeable)

Fully agree with Waster.

Keep in mind American immigration is in shambles, even more their websites. CGI Stanley is the same Canadian outfit that puked on us olamaNOcare.

Steer to the course. Your interview is scheduled. Make sure your spouse brings a printout of that letter, the DS-260 and other supporting docs

Thank you very much for the reminder. I forgot to print out the DS260. Oops!!!

• 3 months later...

From the above help, it should be no worries, but I just want to confirm our situation.

My spouse has had her interview scheduled for May 16, but the CGI website continually shows: "The Case ID that you have entered cannot be found."

On the uploaded photo, CGI says next available interview in May 18. So, we assumed that by now, our Case ID would be found. Nothing to worry about?

CGI 20160506 072105 Csm

Hi Clearcoated,

If you went through the process from the US (went through the NVC), then there's no worries. Look upwards a few posts on this thread and you'll see mine to roseseattle. I had the same thing happen. The NVC now schedules the interviews, and the CGI-Stanley site doesn't apply as far as scheduling goes. My case ID was not recognized by them either. You're scheduled, and good to go. You still need to make sure that you set up your delivery location with them, though.

Hi Clearcoated,

If you went through the process from the US (went through the NVC), then there's no worries. Look upwards a few posts on this thread and you'll see mine to roseseattle. I had the same thing happen. The NVC now schedules the interviews, and the CGI-Stanley site doesn't apply as far as scheduling goes. My case ID was not recognized by them either. You're scheduled, and good to go. You still need to make sure that you set up your delivery location with them, though.

Yes, we also went through the NVC. We've got the delivery location set up on CGI, and the UID printout CGI told us to bring, and all the rest of the supporting docs are ready.

Thanks for confirming this situation with your experience, Wawster!

My appointment is schedule for May 18th by NVC as well. I just chose the delivery location in CGI.

However, I have some problems.

1. I have this account when I previously scheduled my non-immigrant visa (B1/B2) as well. So when I completed my information and reached the final page, all the information is correct except it shows my DS-160 Confirmation information instead of DS-260 Confirmation!

2. Also, I remember for my business visa, when there was a barcode UID printout. But this time it is only a simple text format to printout with all the information listed out.

Since it is Sunday, I have to wait till tomorrow to check with CGI Stanley.

Did anyone had similar situation?