Certificate of No Marraige Not Available

My fiance and I have been trying to get a marital status certificate to prove that she has not been married. The local notary office where we got birth and police certificates, are claiming the certificate of no-marriage is no longer available as of October. A call to the regional Nanjing office offered the same response.

According to the USTRAVELDOCS pdf, (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/K_Visa_Instructions.pdf) a marital certificate is needed only if my fiance was previously married, yet many posts online, here and elsewhere, claim that a translated and notarized certificate of no-marriage (single) is required for the consular's office.

What am I to do?

Thanks

My fiance and I have been trying to get a marital status certificate to prove that she has not been married. The local notary office where we got birth and police certificates, are claiming the certificate of no-marriage is no longer available as of October. A call to the regional Nanjing office offered the same response.

According to the USTRAVELDOCS pdf, (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/K_Visa_Instructions.pdf) a marital certificate is needed only if my fiance was previously married, yet many posts online, here and elsewhere, claim that a translated and notarized certificate of no-marriage (single) is required for the consular's office.

What am I to do?

Thanks

Follow the instructions you are given. From your K Visa instructions -

If an applicant was previously married, please provide proof of termination of those marriages (e.g. death certificate of spouse, final decree of divorce or annulment).

Things change all the time, as the instructions and the notary office indicate the Cert of No Marriage is no longer needed.

This is the case in most other countries too.

One less thing to worry about and pay RMB for...