What happens if medical exam results not available for day of intervie

Hello all -

My wife and I planned on doing her medical exam in Guangzhou the day before our interview. We just found out that the medical exam center is closed due to the holiday and will not reopen until two days after the scheduled date of our interview! Does anyone know if we could send our medical exam results to the consulate after the interview? What happens if we show up for the interview without the medical exam results in hand?

Has anyone been in this situation before? Does anyone have any advice for us?

Please help! We would greatly appreciate any input.

• Like 1

When is the interview? In my wife's case we arrived in Guangzhou 5 days before the interview to handle the medical well in advance and only discovered the centers were closed for spring festival until the day before interview, we expedited and got results same day.

Worse case, they interview and issue a slip requesting you to turn in results at a later date either through a CITIC branch or drop off.

• Like 1

When is the interview? In my wife's case we arrived in Guangzhou 5 days before the interview to handle the medical well in advance and only discovered the centers were closed for spring festival until the day before interview, we expedited and got results same day.

Worse case, they interview and issue a slip requesting you to turn in results at a later date either through a CITIC branch or drop off.

Thanks so much for your reply. Unfortunately our interview is scheduled two days before the medical exam center opens back up. Do you know if you must present your original passport at the medical center to complete the medical exam? Will they accept a passport copy if the consulate keeps my wife's passport after the interview?

In case it might be helpful, I'll mention that you can also look into re-scheduling the appointment, if a more convenient date has opened up.

Thanks so much for your reply. We have tried using the ustraveldocs web site to cancel and reschedule our interview appointment but every time we click the link to do this it just says "cannot cancel at this time". If we click reschedule button it just says "no appointments available". This is really frustrating!

Have you also experienced this by chance?

In case it might be helpful, I'll mention that you can also look into re-scheduling the appointment, if a more convenient date has opened up.

Thanks so much for your reply. We have tried using the ustraveldocs web site to cancel and reschedule our interview appointment but every time we click the link to do this it just says "cannot cancel at this time". If we click reschedule button it just says "no appointments available". This is really frustrating!

Have you also experienced this by chance?

If they won't let you re-schedule, you're pretty much stuck with what you have. Go to the interview, and see how it plays out. I'm fairly sure they WON'T keep her passport until you have the medical results to turn in, but, of course you will want to have copies on hand in advance just in case.

The consulate is well aware that the exam center is closed.

Thanks for the replies!

We finally heard back from the consulate after emailing them. They told us we can no show for the interview then we will be allowed to reschedule online 24 hours later. We are now debating whether to still go to the interview and hope they just request we send in the medical exam results after or no show and reschedule the interview and do the medical exam later this week after the holiday is over.

Anyone have any advice for us? Thanks again!

Thanks for the replies!

We finally heard back from the consulate after emailing them. They told us we can no show for the interview then we will be allowed to reschedule online 24 hours later. We are now debating whether to still go to the interview and hope they just request we send in the medical exam results after or no show and reschedule the interview and do the medical exam later this week after the holiday is over.

Anyone have any advice for us? Thanks again!

I'm not sure why you would want to skip the interview, unless and until you know you can get a better date - did the Consulate suggest that, or was that a question you posed to them?

Unless you have a good reason for doing so, I would suggest going to the interview as scheduled

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • 6 months later...

Medical Exam not available for interview.

contacted Guangzhou medical center by telephone. they say it takes four - 4 days for results.

"goodbyeshanghai" reply.

we have similar problem. Appt May 5, 2016 but there is 3 day holiday before. can we get medical certificate in 1 day? Can we go to interview without medical cert? what happened with your wife?
Can we Expedite to Same day medical results?
thanks

yulian & tom

Contact medical center, in my wife's case we had to pay expedite fee for same day service, had to do medical first thing when office open, had no choice, Med center was closed for holiday reopening the day befor visa interview.

But in any case if cannot get report before interview, go to interview, they will place case into AP requesting you to drop off the medical packet after interview.

Hi guys,

Randy and Dan give good advice. I would also recommend going to the interview.

That being said, here is my personal experience. My wife's interview was December 9th of last year. She scheduled her medical exam herself by calling them - not by using UStravel docs. She went in late November, and stayed in Guangzhou to wait for the results. She had them in 2 days.

So it is possible that if your wife/fiance calls the medical center, she may be able to schedule the exam earlier. I would recommend that she get there quite early - about 6:45. My wife did this and was waiting in the lobby upstairs. By 7:30, the line was out the door, and folks were not able to get on the elevator. They had to line up downstairs, and that line was a madhouse.

• Like 1

We have similar problem. Appt May 5, 2016 but there is 3 day holiday before. can we get medical certificate in 1 day? Can we go to interview without medical cert? what happened with your wife?
Can we Expedite to Same day medical results?
thanks

yulian & tom

Helpful replies:

Randy and Dan give good advice. I would also recommend going to the interview.
That being said, here is my personal experience. My wife's interview was December 9th of last year. She scheduled her medical exam herself by calling them - not by using UStravel docs. She went in late November, and stayed in Guangzhou to wait for the results. She had them in 2 days.

So it is possible that if your wife/fiance calls the medical center, she may be able to schedule the exam earlier. I would recommend that she get there quite early - about 6:45. My wife did this and was waiting in the lobby upstairs. By 7:30, the line was out the door, and folks were not able to get on the elevator. They had to line up downstairs, and that line was a madhouse.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The topic can be found here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/48186-what-happens-if-medical-exam-results-not-available-for-day-of-interview/?view=getnewpost

Contact medical center, in my wife's case we had to pay expedite fee for same day service, had to do medical first thing when office open, had no choice, Med center was closed for holiday reopening the day before visa interview.

But in any case if cannot get report before interview, go to interview, they will place case into AP requesting you to drop off the medical packet after interview.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

For the latest information on medical examination appointments and instructions, please visit this panel physician’s website www.gdwbzx.com the only problem here is, it is in Chinese. I did find it in English but now I cannot. Though I know it is out there. Previously on the medical center site I found a page to make an appt for the day and hour for the exam. They seem to book 1-2 weeks in advance. With new weeks opening 5 days at once. There are detailed instructions on confirming appt by mobile phone and password codes. It appears to be a good system, but I am not able to book for May yet. I am very happy to find this forum and thank all who visit and share. It relieves stress. Tom & Yulian

For the latest information on medical examination appointments and instructions, please visit this panel physician’s website www.gdwbzx.com the only problem here is, it is in Chinese. I did find it in English but now I cannot. Though I know it is out there. Previously on the medical center site I found a page to make an appt for the day and hour for the exam. They seem to book 1-2 weeks in advance. With new weeks opening 5 days at once. There are detailed instructions on confirming appt by mobile phone and password codes. It appears to be a good system, but I am not able to book for May yet. I am very happy to find this forum and thank all who visit and share. It relieves stress. Tom & Yulian

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/45643-links-for-consulate-process-information/?p=599679

GUZ - Medical Exam Instructions in English and Chinese (includes list of designated hospitals)

To make an appointment at the Guangzhou International Travel Healthcare Center - http://www.gdwbzx.com/Booking/

That second link has the English/Chinese option

EDIT 5/18/2016 -

That link appears to no longer work - try http://gdwbzx.com/Booking/

or http://gdwbzx.com/Bo...lectModule.aspx from WITHIN CHINA.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Tom, which city does Yulian live?

If not far, she can have medical check in April.

There are medical centers in Guangzhou, Shanghai, Beijing, Fuzhou.

This is the link for medical center in Guangzhou.

http://www.gdwbzx.com/Type.asp?TypeId=25

Usually it takes 2 working days or longer to get medical result.

You can call to ask if they can issue the medical result in one day - in urgent case, I saw they did.

The so called making an appointment for medical check is to send completed medical forms to this email address

usa@gdciq.gov.cn - I'm talking about the medical center in Guangzhou.

If medical result not available on the interview date, no panic.

You can submit it through any CITIC Bank ( zhong xin yin hang).

You need to fill up 2 copies of the document list when submitting medical result.

http://ustraveldocs.com/cn_zh/20140328%20IV%20Documentation%20Submission%20Letter%20CN.pdf

Prepare a big evelope,submit

1. her passport

2. medical result

3. Two copies of document list.

CITIC Bank seal the envelop, not yourself.

• Like 2