SerpentZA and Other Vloggers

Randy W

11 hours ago, Randy W said:

Well I'm back home - still with the catheter.

I guess they wanted the beds, but did say that I can go anywhere to get it removed.

The (endoscopic) prostate surgery was Monday, today is Thurs.

Awesome to hear Randy - there's no better feeling than getting back home after a hospital stay. Take care of yourself

• Thanks 1

India vs. China: A Comparative Analysis of Competitiveness

Lei's Real Talk - this one is mostly India-focused

7 out of 10 of the world's container ports are in China

The dynamics in Indo-Pacific are shifting. China’s economy has lost momentum and is declining. India, having a young population, a rich history and a fast-growing economy, is attracting global attention. Now the world’s most populous country, India is expected to surpass Japan to become the third largest economy by 2027. But India also faces numerous challenges. In an era of global economic shifts, the comparison between India and China presents a study of contrasts and similarities.

1:15 40 years of similar economy models
2:23 India’s advantage over China
5:57 India’s areas of weakness

https://youtu.be/q1Ti2w1dss0

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

16 hours ago, Randy W said:

Get Rich off of YouTube - Gweilo

Good video.

$500-2500/month in YouTube ad revenue. Another $500ish/month from Patreon. Plus some product promotions/tourism videos/junkets at $1-3k/each, and some other odds and ends like Buy Gweilo a Beer, direct donations via YouTube, and some small amounts of ad revenue from Chinese social media. Wouldn't put him the top 1% in the US, but definitely makes for a very nice living in Nanning, especially since he owns a home and doesn't have to worry much about healthcare, rai$ing kids in China, etc.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2024 at 12:49 AM, Martin B said:

Good video.

$500-2500/month in YouTube ad revenue. Another $500ish/month from Patreon. Plus some product promotions/tourism videos/junkets at $1-3k/each, and some other odds and ends like Buy Gweilo a Beer, direct donations via YouTube, and some small amounts of ad revenue from Chinese social media. Wouldn't put him the top 1% in the US, but definitely makes for a very nice living in Nanning, especially since he owns a home and doesn't have to worry much about healthcare, rai$ing kids in China, etc.

. . . and Van Vu's (Vietnamese take) sorry can't find it now. Maybe deleted

13 hours ago, Randy W said:

. . . and Van Vu's (Vietnamese take) sorry can't find it now. Maybe deleted

I think technically it's against YouTube's terms of service to discuss ad earnings.

A few YouTubers I follow have done so regardless, and Gweilo's earnings seem in line with other figures I've seen. However, YouTube ad revenue isn't what it used to be -- nowadays sponsorships, paid promotions, etc. are where the real money is.

Edited by Martin B (see edit history)

On 1/29/2024 at 5:32 AM, Martin B said:

I think technically it's against YouTube's terms of service to discuss ad earnings.

A few YouTubers I follow have done so regardless, and Gweilo's earnings seem in line with other figures I've seen. However, YouTube ad revenue isn't what it used to be -- nowadays sponsorships, paid promotions, etc. are where the real money is.

Van Vu gets a lot of residuals from her older videos - a little advantage she has there.
Her looks and mannerisms help a lot over Gweilo. His Patreon account was for charitable contributions, but theey never released much info about it, especially after they had left China for her cancer treatments.

I’m living the life that I dreamed of 3 years ago, and it all started with a YouTube channel.
✨In 2020, I made a leap of faith to return to Vietnam after 7 years of living abroad. I started a Vietnamese channel and failed miserably
✨In 2021, I started making Vietnam related content on my YouTube channel called What The Pho with a hope to help people understand more about Vietnamese food and culture
✨In 2022, I received a silver button from YouTube with over 100,000 subscribers, started my own business, generated 8 different income sources, met like-minded content creators, spoke at many events and universities, and many more milestones.
✨In 2023, I burned out…
(I quit YouTube for 8 months. Luckily, my content was sustainable enough for my audience and YouTube to generate passive income while I was unemployed)
✨In 2024, I come back stronger with a new mindset and a new set of skills to grow my YouTube channel and help others become better versions of themselves by creating videos online.
YouTube has changed my entire life, and I want to change yours too.
I’m having a webinar for anyone who plan on starting a YouTube channel this year. It’s free!

https://www.facebook.com/vanvufromvietnam/posts/pfbid02BfeHVL4v4ytKV6o4mxZAdbU9g6LvrjNbz99oTbNeQHs8oo8hWshUqtDcHNgipbUXl

• 5 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Randy W said:

Gweilo "jumps back in the pool again".

Probably for the best tbh.

I don't blame him for the "short grieving period" people are hammering him about. We lost my uncle to cancer some years ago, he died two years after being diagnosed. My aunt said that with his cancer, the grieving started the day he was diagnosed, not the day he passed away. 

Though publicly advertising yourself as "fairly well off" is probably not the best idea... 😬  Really hope things go well from him though I do think it'll be pretty slim pickings in Nanning with his zero Chinese ability.

• Like 1