G-325A - Question about Residence

Finally almost done preparing the I-130 petition! Yet I always seem to be coming up with questions about these tiny bits and pieces... (sorry)

Quick background: My husband and I met and lived in South Korea for the majority of our relationship. We did, however, move a lot in 5 years and while we always considered Seoul "home", we also spent a significant amount of time visiting my family in the US and his here in China.

I already know I need to include an attachment to fit all the addresses in, but should I include our parents' addresses to fill in some gaps in time?

For example, we spent 4 months visiting the US last year (mostly traveling and for the holidays) before we came to China. My husband was on a travel visa so I don't want to make it look like he lived there. The same goes for me visiting China for a month a while back. Except for the 4 month visit (we came to China afterwards), we maintained our Korean residency status but didn't have an address there while we traveled.

I was thinking of including our parents' addresses followed by a " (Family visit) " note in the address column...would that work or is it unnecessary?

Thanks again! This site is so helpful. ^^

This is just my opinion, and not that of an expert.

I say "no", do not put addresses of places that were long term visits. I realize you say that you gave up residences during this travel time.

As you say, you certainly wouldn't want to say your tourist visa husband was living in the States. But, you are trying to help them have a picture of where you were living and working. Some forms ask for gaps in employment, but I don't recall seeing instructions to put gaps in holding an official residence.

If you got a driver's license at one of those addresses, I don't think you would alert anybody when you went traveling to change the space under your name to a blank. I feel there is some tradition that, until we have secured another city, state, country to live in, we are still a resident of the last place.

Did I mention this is just a guess and should in no way be considered authoritative?