AOS/CCP Questions

Hi everyone! New member but I've been following the forums since our process began (Apr 2014).

My wife just had her interview on Jul 14 and because 1) we didn't notarize our Chinese marriage license, 2) she thought she was a CCP member (see below), we need to provide a notarized marriage certificate and "evidence of withdrawn application from CCP membership". After the interview she called her mom and had her check with the local CCP officials who pulled up her file and found out that even though she started the CCP membership application back in 2011, she never completed it or paid any registration fees because it was just something everyone was doing and she later got caught up with work and whatnot, so her pending membership expired. Because she never was a member, should we just have the local official write something up along those lines? We asked the notary office with jurisdiction over her hukou about notarizing something like that and they said they won't touch it (felt it was too risky?). Sent an email yesterday to the Guangzhou IV unit who replied with a cookie cutter statement saying to just do what the instructions on the slip we got say. Sent another email asking for clarification but no word yet.

Also, the Consulate kept her passport and seemed pretty confident that the process won't take very long.

Appreciate any help or advice!

Thanks!

Hi everyone! New member but I've been following the forums since our process began (Apr 2014).

My wife just had her interview on Jul 14 and because 1) we didn't notarize our Chinese marriage license, 2) she thought she was a CCP member (see below), we need to provide a notarized marriage certificate and "evidence of withdrawn application from CCP membership". After the interview she called her mom and had her check with the local CCP officials who pulled up her file and found out that even though she started the CCP membership application back in 2011, she never completed it or paid any registration fees because it was just something everyone was doing and she later got caught up with work and whatnot, so her pending membership expired. Because she never was a member, should we just have the local official write something up along those lines? We asked the notary office with jurisdiction over her hukou about notarizing something like that and they said they won't touch it (felt it was too risky?). Sent an email yesterday to the Guangzhou IV unit who replied with a cookie cutter statement saying to just do what the instructions on the slip we got say. Sent another email asking for clarification but no word yet.

Also, the Consulate kept her passport and seemed pretty confident that the process won't take very long.

Appreciate any help or advice!

Thanks!

Get whatever evidence you can EASILY get, including a simple statement from your wife, if that's all you can get. That is NOT something that would call for notarization. The Communist Party will rarely, if ever, provide evidence like that for the American government.

Just follow the instructions - and get it in NOW.

• Like 1

If the CCP official would write up something that says application was never completed and expired, all you would need to do is translate it and "certify" the translation, the notary office is not needed to translate this.

I explain what "certifying" a translation in this other thread. http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/48008-does-beneficiary-resume-need-to-be-certified-translated/?p=623658

• Like 1