Case complete almost 3 months but NVC has not shipped to Guangzhou yet

Hello,

My wife case was completed in April and NVC still has not shipped the case out to Guangzhou yet...

Yeah I wish I used EP. The NVC representative told me to go the PAPER path because back then the electronic system was down. I mailed the paper documents in and they completed the review in 25 calendar days. I got an email reads all document necessary was received and you will be notified when an interview date is scheduled and there has been nothing since then.

Does NVC hold all the paper case for certain time before mail out to Guangzhou? I call NVC everyday and every time the response is please be patient.

Thank you

Before EP we only had the mail system. There is this little thing called "Chinese customs" that the mail, supposedly, has to sit in some mythical warehouse before it is cleared to be sent to the consulate. Lots of us went through that delay with our cases.

Funny thing is though, things I sent to China never went through months of "Chinese customs". Go figure. My thinkin' as I awaited an interview date was that it wasn't a warehouse, more like a consulate whorehouse. :victory:

Hang in there. It won't be long now before your beautiful wife is standing at a window for her interview. Best of luck.

tsap seui

Before EP we only had the mail system. There is this little thing called "Chinese customs" that the mail, supposedly, has to sit in some mythical warehouse before it is cleared to be sent to the consulate. Lots of us went through that delay with our cases.

Funny thing is though, things I sent to China never went through months of "Chinese customs". Go figure. My thinkin' as I awaited an interview date was that it wasn't a warehouse, more like a consulate whorehouse. :victory:

Hang in there. It won't be long now before your beautiful wife is standing at a window for her interview. Best of luck.

tsap seui

The problem is the case is not even shipped yet... According to the NVC call representative, the case is still at NVC...

This drives me crazy because if there is another 3 month waiting in the Chinese custom warehouse...

Or my case is already shipped long ago but until it is opened by the consulate in Guangzhou it will show as "NOT LEFT NVC FACILITY" in their system?

Thank you

1. I don't believe there is a 3 month customs wait. Not saying that hasn't happened at times. My fiance app went from NVC to Guangzhou (~6 weeks ago) in the expected time. i.e. fast

2 . Then, as your materials are approved at NVC, I doubt that they are placed in an envelope and rushed to the USPO for express EMS delivery. Probably, they accumulate a stack to ship out. So, add a week there.

3. Then, there was the visa-issuing system breakdown in June, meaning you only just sent this in the last few weeks or so - if we are talking about the same breakdown. My guess is you will hear some news any day now. Hoping you are right that "hasn't left" might actually mean "hasn't arrived"

Also, not happy with the answer you get on the phone with NVC? Call right back - you could get a different answer. I think there are a lot of new people working there.

tsap seui

The problem is the case is not even shipped yet... According to the NVC call representative, the case is still at NVC...

This drives me crazy because if there is another 3 month waiting in the Chinese custom warehouse...

Or my case is already shipped long ago but until it is opened by the consulate in Guangzhou it will show as "NOT LEFT NVC FACILITY" in their system?

Thank you

I am no longer familiar with the way NVC processes things. We never used to have to call them for anything and they were quick to process claims. I don't know if there are different layers of folks to talk to on the phone, say like with USCIS, but I agree, make more calls, there must be an answer why the application hasn't been forwarded to the consulate.

Good luck with EVERYTHING in the process.

There is a website you can use to check the status. At least, if it tells you the same thing as the call center you will know what the system knows.

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

On our recent case NVC records dropped the case like a hot potato. That is, when they said they were done and an interview would be scheduled, it only took about a week for the case status webpage to update from "AT NVC" to "AT GUZ."

In fact, I checked today to see if the link and webpage works. Case status has changed from "at guz" to "administrative processing."

3 months is a long time. Perhaps someone else who filed with snail mail recently will tell their experience.

There is a website you can use to check the status. At least, if it tells you the same thing as the call center you will know what the system knows.

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

On our recent case NVC records dropped the case like a hot potato. That is, when they said they were done and an interview would be scheduled, it only took about a week for the case status webpage to update from "AT NVC" to "AT GUZ."

In fact, I checked today to see if the link and webpage works. Case status has changed from "at guz" to "administrative processing."

3 months is a long time. Perhaps someone else who filed with snail mail recently will tell their experience.

My case is like a myth. Every time I call the operator as well as the supervisor would say it is absolutely not right for a case to sit with NVC for this long. Then they promise to investigate but nothing happens. 2 weeks ago a supervisor told me they were "researching when to ship my case out". I really do not know what to research. It is a completed case and the only thing they need to do is take it to the mail room and that's it.

Just called today and found a supervisor. Of course she had no idea about why the case is still there. She said all she knew was what on her computer, she was not even sure where the physical location of the case. There is a possibility that the case might have been sent but the computer system is not updated yet... I really do not know what to say...

• 2 weeks later...

Just called today and found a supervisor. Of course she had no idea about why the case is still there. She said all she knew was what on her computer, she was not even sure where the physical location of the case. There is a possibility that the case might have been sent but the computer system is not updated yet... I really do not know what to say...

That is pretty nerve-racking. Mine is at NVC now, but I'm at the front end of the process. It has only been there about 2 weeks.

Hopefully they kind of lost track but you get confirmation of arrival in GUZ soon.

3 months... :sweating_buckets:

That is pretty nerve-racking. Mine is at NVC now, but I'm at the front end of the process. It has only been there about 2 weeks.

Hopefully they kind of lost track but you get confirmation of arrival in GUZ soon.

3 months... :sweating_buckets:

In straight talk, here is what is happening. It's not a new phenomena, but the snowball is turning into an avalanche. So many illegals are finding their way into the US immigration system that the NVC is currently overwhelmed. They have so many calls into their system, that it's virtually impossible to get a human on the phone. If you do, then that person will likely be poorly trained, impatient, and may or may not speak intelligible English.

Only the naive debate this, or those who haven't been mixed in the system in the last two years. So, what can be done?

The answer to all those who choose the legal path to America is not pleasant. Nothing can be done until Washington wakes up in a big way. The US immigration system is out of control. Is there hope? It's hard to say? The only thing one can do after submitting paperwork and a fee is to wait until they contact you. The system is not fair, it does not clean up it's mess, and it's not interested in hearing about how hard or long it's been.

Have any Americans woke up yet? Almost none, but it is changing. Far too many look the other way at the live humans being consumed before their eyes.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

My wife case was completed in April and NVC still has not shipped the case out to Guangzhou yet...

Yeah I wish I used EP. The NVC representative told me to go the PAPER path because back then the electronic system was down. I mailed the paper documents in and they completed the review in 25 calendar days. I got an email reads all document necessary was received and you will be notified when an interview date is scheduled and there has been nothing since then.

Does NVC hold all the paper case for certain time before mail out to Guangzhou? I call NVC everyday and every time the response is please be patient.

Thank you

I would contact the nearest local office of the Senior U S Senator from your State, and ask them to make an inquiry for you. This will usually result in some quick action. If there's no good reason for the case not being forwarded, it will be. If there's a reason, they'll tell the Senator's office SOMETHING about what it is.