Missing old divorce papers needed for fiance visa.

Hello,

I need some advice on the fiance visa. I have been married twice. First time was back in 1980. The visa application asks for the final divorce papers from both of my marriages. I have my divorce papers from my last marriage but being I was divorced back in 1981 I do not have those divorce papers anymore. The lawyer that I used has long since passed so I can't get a copy from him. But even if I could get a copy they say I need to show the original copy later in the process. If I do not include that I was married back in 1980 will they find out I was in fact married and kick back my application? I thought that having my recent divorce papers would be enough because I couldn't get married again without proof of my first divorce. But on the application it asks for both papers. I can not believe I am the first person to have this problem. Has anyone else encountered this problem? If I were to go to China to get married and bring her here on the spousal visa could I get around this problem or would there be a similar issue? Thanks to all in advance.

You should be able to get a duplicate from the county in which you were divorced - any lawyer or assistant can do that for you if you don't want to go to the trouble yourself.

A copy is fine - do NOT stress out over this.

Hello,

I need some advice on the fiance visa. I have been married twice. First time was back in 1980. The visa application asks for the final divorce papers from both of my marriages. I have my divorce papers from my last marriage but being I was divorced back in 1981 I do not have those divorce papers anymore. The lawyer that I used has long since passed so I can't get a copy from him. But even if I could get a copy they say I need to show the original copy later in the process. If I do not include that I was married back in 1980 will they find out I was in fact married and kick back my application? I thought that having my recent divorce papers would be enough because I couldn't get married again without proof of my first divorce. But on the application it asks for both papers. I can not believe I am the first person to have this problem. Has anyone else encountered this problem? If I were to go to China to get married and bring her here on the spousal visa could I get around this problem or would there be a similar issue? Thanks to all in advance.

Order all your US related certificates online from VitalChek. They are the go to service in the USA. The prices are reasonable considering the speed and reliability of the service.

VitalChek