IR-1 Interview Final Checklist (and questions)

Hey everyone, my wife's interview is quickly approaching so I wanted to list out all of the items we've prepared as well as ask a few questions just to double-check the information I've already gathered. This post will probably look similar to kdavid3's post (found here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/46807-guide-to-ir-1-dcf/- thanks a ton, btw!), but since all of our cases are somewhat unique, I hope that my post can be of help to others who have questions and share similar circumstances!

Background

I've been living in China with my wife for quite a few years and filed our I-130 in Beijing in summer 2014 (DCF).

Medical Exam

Copy of email titled "Immigrant Visa Instructions" (5 steps for scheduling interview and medical exam)

Copy of email titled "Notice For Immigrant Visa Applicants" (instructions for completing DS-260)

"Appointment Confirmation" (available at https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/AppointmentConfirmationafter scheduling)

6 2" passport photos (5cm x 5cm in Chinese print shops)

Interview

"Appointment Confirmation" (same as above)

"DS-260 Confirmation Page"

"DS-260 Print Application"

6 2" passport photos

Copies of all emails received from USCIS/Immigration

Wife's resume (Chinese and English)

Both of our passports

Medical exam documents

Chinese "White books":

Police ("No criminal sanction")

Birth ("Birth")

Marriage ("Married", with our pictures)

Marriage ("Certificate of Marriage", copy of marriage certificate)

~20 Photos from the 6 years we've been together

Originals, copies, and translations of 6 years of shared leases

Copies of matching passport stamps from 3 trips to the US

My I-864

My 1040 tax returns (2013, 2012, 2011)

Letter explaining tax status "single"

Copy of my birth certificate

Self-employment explanation letter

Daily income spreadsheet for past 5 months

Monthly income reports for past 8 months

Proof of payments to my personal bank account

Mom I-864 (co-sponsor)

Mom IRS transcripts (2013, 2012, 2011)

Mom income proof

Copy of mom's birth certificate

Dad I-864A

Dad IRS transcripts (same as mom's, they file jointly)

Dad income proof

Copy of dad's birth certificate

Latest statement from my personal US bank account

Latest statement from two US credit cards

Latest IRA statement

Documents showing ownership of NY based company

Copies of:
All "Confirmation" emails/pages

Both of our passports

Wife's National ID card

Questions

1. In kdavid3's post, he mentions including a notarized hukou. My wife did not receive such a thing when she got her white books and it was not asked for when we filed her I-130. Is this something that is required and if so, where do we get it?

2. What are the current total fees paid for the medical exam?

3. For the resume, the IV Instruction pdf says "all educational history". How far back is she supposed to go? Elementary school?

I will update this thread with our experiences after the interview!

1) No, Huko not needed for interview.

2) Depends on the examining center you use. See medical exam instructions.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-iv-preparedocuments.asp

3) No, just higher education should be fine.

Your list looks good to me.

One more note on medical exam prices, they can change so have some extra RMB handy, also I think the sheet has the Adult and Child prices crossed for Beijing.

Our hotel is a block and a half away so I'm going to try and be there around 6:30 so we can be some of the first people in. Am I able to go in with her to the exam?

Also I just wanted to verify, both the fee for the medical exam and the fee for the interview are paid first thing, right? Am I correct in assuming the interview process is as follows:

1. Pay fee

2. Document intake

3. Interview

Our hotel is a block and a half away so I'm going to try and be there around 6:30 so we can be some of the first people in. Am I able to go in with her to the exam?

Also I just wanted to verify, both the fee for the medical exam and the fee for the interview are paid first thing, right? Am I correct in assuming the interview process is as follows:

1. Pay fee

2. Document intake

3. Interview

Yes, you are allowed into the medical center, probably hang out in the waiting area, when my wife did hers it was a regular Chinese Fire Drill.

And yes that is the standard order of operations at the consulate if the I-130 was originally filed in China DCF.

Uh, I have never heard of ANYONE being able to have the medical exam and get the results the same day. When my wife went to Beijing, she was required to go back to the medical hospital the next day to get a second set of inoculations. The results took about eight days to get mailed back to us.

It is recommended you allow at least three days between the medical exam appointment date and the interview. We specifically went in and asked at the clinic in Guangzhou after we filed the I-130. While they said that they *might* be able to give the results the following day, two days would be better for planning purposes.

Uh, I have never heard of ANYONE being able to have the medical exam and get the results the same day. When my wife went to Beijing, she was required to go back to the medical hospital the next day to get a second set of inoculations. The results took about eight days to get mailed back to us. It is recommended you allow at least three days between the medical exam appointment date and the interview. We specifically went in and asked at the clinic in Guangzhou after we filed the I-130. While they said that they *might* be able to give the results the following day, two days would be better for planning purposes.

Actually they do same day results, you have to have need and have to pay extra.

In my wife's case her interview was the Monday following Spring Festival, we arrived in Guangzhou the Tuesday prior with intention to take care of medical on Wednesday so to be able to pick up results on Friday or Saturday before the interview, however due to Spring Festival the medical center was closed until the Sunday before the interview, we got to the medical center first thing in the morning, showed them the interview letter, paid an expedite fee and picked up the medical packet that afternoon.

A few others have reported same day service, but yes it is best to do the medical several days before needing the results. Worse case is interviewing without the medical packet, and having to drop off the packet after interview if the consulate allows, or deal with a brief AP.

On both of our interviews we got the same day service. Then again, both times we had stayed with Mr. and Mrs. Yang and he went in and did some talking to the staff for us. It wasn't that we needed the same day service but Mr. Yang rode over with us and "did his thing."

I'd plan ahead for the medical just to be safe. Everyone, especially the COnsulate, is always changing everything (seems to be almost weekly) to "new and better" and that hasn't looked like it panned out to well in most cases.