business incorporation

car insurance

car title

2 affidavits should I have 3?

2 banks statements one for business and our joint checking account

copies of passports and greencards

copy or our lease

Anything else that I need to send?

Copies of a few things addressed to your spouse at your address. Drivers license, state ID, as well as yours.

Works for both, the affidavits have to do with your relationship with your wife, step daughter simply get's her 10 year card based on your relationship with wife.

Do I need to send copies of the visa page in the passport also?

Bubba

Nope, Just a photocopy of green-card.

• Payment as required by USCIS. Use a personal check so you can track the payment. Money Orders are also accepted.
  • Cover Sheet (example here)
  • Form I-751, Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence
  • Copy of the Green Card (Front and Back) for the person filing to remove conditions (and any children)
  • Copies of joint tax returns or transcripts.
  • Evidence of Bona fide Relationship (see below)
Evidence of Your Bona fide Marital Relationship

A crucial part of filing this form is that you present evidence of your bona fide marital relationship, as your removal of conditions is based upon your marriage. There are a variety of documentations that you may submit. While the USCIS instructions for the I-751 say that evidence should cover the entire period from your marriage up to the present date, there is no need to repeat evidence that you already submitted to them earlier. Many couples submit no evidence whatsoever covering the period before their first interview. In any case, it's helpful to concentrate on the evidence that has developed since they last interviewed you.

You do not have to have all of the types listed below as proof of the relationship; supply as many as you like. If you are short on the documents that have both of your names listed on them you MAY include affidavits from people who know you as a couple (see examples), confirming your marital relationship -- note that they are not required. If you have very little documentary evidence, you may find affidavits helpful. Additionally, you will need to submit a copy of the green card of the person who is applying for removal of conditions. IF you have immigrant children who will also be filing for removal of conditions at the same time, you may include them and use only one form and only one fee for the form.

On the "don't panic" front -- ultimately the burden of proof is on the CIS to show a fraudulent marriage. Even if CIS denies, the application can be renewed in front of an Immigration Judge (IJ) in Removal Proceedings -- and the IJ's tend to APPROVE those cases.

ONLY SEND COPIES of evidence. The copies should be clear and all marks pertaining to filings, registration and/or government issuance should be clearly shown.

Examples of documents showing a bona fide relationship (Submit COPIES only. Do not send originals):

• A deed, showing co-ownership of your property or a lease agreement with both of your names on the lease.
  • Utility bills, credit card bills, and other types of bills which have both of your names on them. Since many utilities will only put a bill in one person's name, some bills in one name and other bills at the same address but in the other spouse's name serve the same purpose: showing your financial & social lives intermingled.
  • Copies of actual credit cards, health insurance cards, or other "joint" cards that you have together, showing same account number.
  • Car, health, or life insurance that has both of your names on the policy or the other spouse listed as the beneficiary.
  • 401K or other retirement plan with spouse listed as beneficiary (right to survivorship is the technical term)
  • Bank or stock accounts with both of your names on them.
  • A copy of your joint federal and state tax returns (including W-2's and other applicable Schedules and attachments). Sending an official tax transcript from the IRS (for Federal) is beneficial and often preferred as it reflects what was actually filed.
  • A car title or other titles to property showing joint ownership with your spouse.
  • Birth certificate of any children that have been born to your marriage.
  • Documentation of any vacations that you have taken, including flight itineraries, hotel bills, pictures of you together on vacation.
  • Other family pictures of you together.
  • Documentary proof showing evidence of your children together (Copy of Birth Certificate, photos, etc)
  • Copies of Christmas cards and other holiday cards addressed to you both

http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

Make check payable to USCIS?

No from I-751 instructions:

Make the check or money order payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

NOTE: Spell out U.S. Department of Homeland Security; do not use the initials "USDHS" or "DHS."

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-751instr.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

Typically you get an I-797C Notice of Action in the mail a couple weeks after filing, this receipt notice will indicate it will serve as evidence of residency for up to a year.