Documents to submit with DS-260 - clarification needed

A bit of conflicting info here so want to be 100% sure I follow the correct process

The email I received asked me to complete the DS-260 online and submit: copy of personal information page of passport and 2 photographs. It did not mention anything else (besides the cover letter when submitting the documents) and states "Do NOT submit other documents to the Consulate at this time, as they will be destroyed."

However, when I log into the website to complete the DS-260 it states "After submitting the DS-260, provide all supporting documentation (as listed on the Documents The Applicant Must Submit web page) for each applicant to your Consulate or U.S. Embassy.". Following the link there is a list of documents including the above and adding birth certificate, police certificate, marriage certifcate, etc.

My question is, do we follow the email strictly as that is specific to our case and the website is more generic? All of the additional items listed we had already submitted with the I-130 with the exception of the police certificate. If we follow the email, should we include this one or just bring to the interview?

I'm of the opinion we just follow the email until we hear otherwise but don't want to take any chances here.

That is exactly what they want,

• Submit what they request in the email.
  • Bring the additional requested documents (I-864, Police cert, Marriage Cert, Birth Cert, and any divorce and/or death certs from prior marriages) and turn them in just prior to interview. As for what you submitted with the I-130 they should have been photo copies, bring originals to the interview so they can verify the copies.

The email (which I just got today, whoop whoop!) basically gives this checklist:

• DS-260 Confirmation Page
  • Copy of biographical information page of beneficiary's passport
  • Two 2"x2" passport-style photos

You also need to select the CITIC location where you are gonna pick up and drop off documents.

All the financial documents, I-864s, police records, et cetera will be taken in (document intake) at or right before the beneficiary's interview in GZ just like dnoblett said.

Basically, just follow the instructions to the T and you won't have any trouble.

• Like 2
  • 7 months later...

What is meant by "just prior to interview"? Thanks.

Document intake, visit a window and sunlit submit required documents, this happens prior to the interview.

Edited by Randy W
sp. (see edit history)