some questions about DCF and filling I-130

hi CFLs , i am a new member and happy to be a part of CFL big family.

I have studied most of topics here and they are really helpful , thanks to everyone.

me and my wife are living in China at thee moment and we have decided to DCF I-130 , but there are some confusing parts in the form that I really need help with. My questions about form I-130 are as below:

1- most foreigners after entering China pick up some Chinese names , some are really chinese and different from their orginal name , but some are just made according to the orginal pronounciation of the foreign name(with different pinyin) , if your chinese name is just made according the original pronounciation and has been used in some official documents is considered as "other names used " which is asked at C-7 of I-130 or it is not considered as other used name because the pronounciation is the same ?

2- Do students need to fill in section C-15 which asks " Name and address of present employer "? is the university which you are studying at the moment considered as your employer or do we need to write n/a?

3- what is the difference between C-2 " address " , C-19 "your relative's address abroad" and C-20 "Foreign address in native alphabet" in form I-130 ? we are living in China now.

4- should we write address in chinese style (like : country then city , then road ) or in american style ( first write number then road and then city ..)?

thank you in advance for your help.

1. If pronounced the same then is not considered other names used, however if the pinin spelling is used on some important documents such as resident permit then perhaps show that spelling as other names used. Typically "other names used" has more to do with a maiden or married name used. My wife goes by "Rosemary" as her western name, however it is not on any official document thus it is just a nick-name and not noted as another name used.

I would say Un-Employed

C-2 Address C-19 is same address, C-20 is Chinese Character address. Note C-2 and C-19 could be different for example my wife's cousin was attending college in Dallas TX, she married a nice guy there in Texas, C-2 was her Texas Address, and C-19 was her home address in China.

Yes, use Chinese style of address for C-20, make sure it is one that can receive mail.

thanks alot for your help . i like to fill in my forms through an immigration attorney , because there are some questions that i feel is better to be confirmed with an attorney and get some legal advices (jut helping in forms filling not filing and sending and receving documents to consule). do you guys know any good immigration attorney in beijing ??

thanks for your help

thanks alot for your help . i like to fill in my forms through an immigration attorney , because there are some questions that i feel is better to be confirmed with an attorney and get some legal advices (jut helping in forms filling not filing and sending and receving documents to consule). do you guys know any good immigration attorney in beijing ??

thanks for your help

Note the immigrant visa interview will happen in Guangzhou, the only attorney that we tend to recommend is Marc Ellis, he has an office and an assistant in Guangzhou.

http://www.marcellislaw.com/

Also advise, it is your choice to employ a lawyer, however study and check their work thoroughly before filing, be aware any relationship evidence you want to include in the case should be filed with the I-130.