To Guangzhou Tomorrow - Last Minute Questions

Hi - I have my appointment for filing the I-130 tomorrow and just had two small questions.

1. Is there anywhere near the consulate where I can store a backpack and my phone? I will be flying in tomorrow morning and leaving the same night, so no hotel where I can store these things and per the website they are not allowed in. My wife suggested trying to find a grocery store with some lockers. Anyone know of one in the area or have a better suggestion?
  2. Should I add my wife's English name as one of her "Other" names on our forms? Since this wouldn't be on any official documentation I did not include it but just had the idea pop up today when going through everything one final time.

Hi - I have my appointment for filing the I-130 tomorrow and just had two small questions.

1. Is there anywhere near the consulate where I can store a backpack and my phone? I will be flying in tomorrow morning and leaving the same night, so no hotel where I can store these things and per the website they are not allowed in. My wife suggested trying to find a grocery store with some lockers. Anyone know of one in the area or have a better suggestion?
  2. Should I add my wife's English name as one of her "Other" names on our forms? Since this wouldn't be on any official documentation I did not include it but just had the idea pop up today when going through everything one final time.

The guardhouse (security) on the USCIS side (where you will go) has cubbyholes where you can check these things (I left a knife there) - the visa side may or may not have these same cubbyholes. Not sure how large they can store things, but you might try.

You might be able to carry the backpack inside, but leave the electronics with the guards (they will give you a claim card for it).

When you walk up to the security building, you need to stand at the entrance until someone (inside) comes to let you in. Ignore all the Chinese people waiting in line to go in - you go first. I'm not kidding - they have the building roped off so it looks like you can't get there, but they will let you in.

There is also a little stand directly opposite the B-1 subway entrance that will allow you to check valuables. There are no large stores in the area that would have lockers like that (although you might find one if you looked hard enough)

The guardhouse (security) on the USCIS side (where you will go) has cubbyholes where you can check these things (I left a knife there) - the visa side may or may not have these same cubbyholes. Not sure how large they can store things, but you might try.

You might be able to carry the backpack inside, but leave the electronics with the guards (they will give you a claim card for it).

When you walk up to the security building, you need to stand at the entrance until someone (inside) comes to let you in. Ignore all the Chinese people waiting in line to go in - you go first. I'm not kidding - they have the building roped off so it looks like you can't get there, but they will let you in.

There is also a little stand directly opposite the B-1 subway entrance that will allow you to check valuables. There are no large stores in the area that would have lockers like that (although you might find one if you looked hard enough)

Great, thank you. Nice to know there might be a few options. The situation sounds exaclty like when we went to the consulate in Shanghai for her travel Visa a few years back (lines of Chinese and getting to go in first)

#2 My wife has a nickname, it is not considered to be other names used, since it is not used in any legal sense. Other names used tends to be used for maiden name or prior married names.