Leaving China After Filing the DCF

First of all, thank you everyone here for all your help so far, not just to me but to everyone who has to go through this insanely complicated, annoying and stressful process. This is a great community and a terrific source of aid for people who want to be with their loved ones.

My specific question here -

Once a US citizen (who is resident in China) successfully files a DCF which is accepted by the consulate in either Beijing or Guangzhou, there is no further reason that the US citizen has to stay in China, right? Basically, once the petition is accepted and the interview is granted, the Chinese citizen then goes through the process independently, no?

The concerns are:

1. Changed residence or other information for the US citizen due to moving back to the US- could this impact the process negatively? (Including issues with the US citizen personal information with regards to the I-864).

2. If the US citizen moves back to the US first, before the Chinese citizen even gets an interview or gets the immigrant visa, will this jeopardize the Chinese citizen's chances at the interview (i.e. the interviewing officer therefore thinks the marriage isn't real).

3. Anything else?

The issue is that I have to get a job back in the US anyways. Might as well get one first and start working and making money, and get a head start on finding a livable house, and so on.

Establishing a domicile in the U.S. is EXPECTED and an important part of the process, even if you have to temporarily separate to do so.

If she has a home and an employable (or better yet, already EMPLOYED) husband waiting for her in the states, so much the better for overcoming the "public charge" concrrn that the visa officer is required by law to consider.