Conditional approval

After a long wait in line at the embassy in GZ, my wife entered with a group of 15 people, she was the only person attempting to get a visa thru marriage to a USC, the others had some relative in the US sponsoring them. She was the last to be interviewed, so she got to witness the others being questioned, none of them spoke any English and the interviewers (non chinese) struggled to communicate with them in their obviously limited Chinese.

She was the only one to get a white slip, the others were all smiling and happy to get their yellow slips, even taking photo ops in front of the embassy holding they slips.

Reasons for the white slip;

1. We did not have a proper birth certifcate for my wife, the one she had lacked the names of both parents, even though we payed the corrupt people at the notrary office to translate it, they said nothing about the lack of both names. Even the Chinese person who checks the documents prior to the interview coldly said, you should have just written it in yourself, your stupid, or he even said you could have wrriten they are dead!

2. I had already submitted a translated copy of our marriage certificate when i filed the I-130, I even asked the embassy via email she should bring it again for the interview (becuase the IV instructions say to bring it) and they said if you want a definite answer please, talk to a lawyer, so we brought the same one the excepted previously, but they turned it down at the interview.

Lesson learned, money is power and just because you are born in the US, entitles you to JACK! as Jefferson once said, there is no freedom only the to struggle to be free.

I can't tell for sure from what you say, but I'm going to guess that you did not have the proper white book format from the Gong Zheng Chu. The consulate will generally RECOGNIZE and ACCEPT what the Notarial Offices put out. These documents are issued to International standards, which is NOT dictated by the American consulate.

Chinese Notarial Documents - see DOS China Reciprocity Schedule

Try http://travel.state..../fees_3272.html or go to http://travel.state.gov/ and search for "Reciprocity by Country" (they seem to change this periodically)

Most of the documents needed can be obtained from one of China's Notarial Offices (Gong Zheng Chu). All Chinese documentation to be used abroad is processed through the notary offices and issued in the form of notarial certificates. Notarial offices are located in all major Chinese cities and in rural county seats

The documents required are the GongZhengShu 公证书

Sample application for documents (your province or hukou may vary):

http://www.bnpo.gov....72115331419.doc

http://www.bnpo.gov....ide/detail1.asp

A discussion of the huji (or hukou 户口) system can be found at Hukou System. Chinese residents should go to their hukou for all notarial documents (birth, divorce, and/or single certificate, and police records). For the police record, one obtained at the hukou will cover all of China.

A notarial document will be in the standard white notarial booklet, have an official red seal, an English translation, and an attestation to the true translation.

Marriage certification for I-130 or K-3 must be in the same format.

If ANY document is unobtainable, you should submit a statement of WHY it is unobtainable, and what effort you made to obtain it.

Yes you are correct it is NOT a "white book" as it is called, but my point is that they accepted our translation of the Marriage Certificate for the filing of the I-130, but refused it during the interview. The IV divison of the consulate is unable to give any straight forward answer to any questions asked of them. One MUST rely on 2nd hand info from websites like this.

Yes you are correct it is NOT a "white book" as it is called, but my point is that they accepted our translation of the Marriage Certificate for the filing of the I-130, but refused it during the interview. The IV divison of the consulate is unable to give any straight forward answer to any questions asked of them. One MUST rely on 2nd hand info from websites like this.

They accepted what you submitted as EVIDENCE of the appropriate Marriage Certificate. Now you must submit the REAL THING in the form of the white book certificate.

From the Reciprocity tables (http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/CH.html) -

Most of the documents listed below can be obtained from one of China's Notarial Offices (Gong Zheng Chu). All Chinese documentation to be used abroad is processed through the notary offices and issued in the form of notarial certificates. Notarial offices are located in all major Chinese cities and in rural county seats. These offices are part of the Ministry of Justice structure, but are separate from the people's court system.

Yes, it IS somewhat buried in the State Dept. web pages - it varies from country-to-country, and there's no one-size-fits-all formula for this.

Phil, we had the same comment given to my wife, verbally. She had 2 different versions of white books for her birth, and one was unacceptable, but she didn't pull out the other one. The girl looking at all the papers, before the interview, told her she needed to go back to the translator and they will know what to do. She was not clear in her instructions. Fortunately for us, the interviewer did not write that on her white slips, or green one either, that she needed to submit another birth translation (white book), so we did not send in another one. Good luck anyway on your overcome.

The "people looking at the papers" are Chinese citizens trained for this purpose, but what they say carries no weight, although they can weed out obvious discrepancies. What matters is what the Visa Officer has to say at the interview. If it was issued by an actual Gong Zheng Chu (Notarial Office) as a document for International use, it will most likely be accepted, as is.

The "people looking at the papers" are Chinese citizens trained for this purpose, but what they say carries no weight, although they can weed out obvious discrepancies. What matters is what the Visa Officer has to say at the interview. If it was issued by an actual Gong Zheng Chu (Notarial Office) as a document for International use, it will most likely be accepted, as is.

I was surprised to see that she had a 2nd version that read and looked dif than our original. Not sure how all that happened. But right-on, the Visa Officer di not request a new birth cert, so we ignored the girls comments. Thanks for clearing that up. I had no idea who or what she was. ;)

I can't tell for sure from what you say, but I'm going to guess that you did not have the proper white book format from the Gong Zheng Chu. The consulate will generally RECOGNIZE and ACCEPT what the Notarial Offices put out. These documents are issued to International standards, which is NOT dictated by the American consulate.

Chinese Notarial Documents - see DOS China Reciprocity Schedule

Try http://travel.state..../fees_3272.html or go to http://travel.state.gov/ and search for "Reciprocity by Country" (they seem to change this periodically)

Most of the documents needed can be obtained from one of China's Notarial Offices (Gong Zheng Chu). All Chinese documentation to be used abroad is processed through the notary offices and issued in the form of notarial certificates. Notarial offices are located in all major Chinese cities and in rural county seats

The documents required are the GongZhengShu ֤

Sample application for documents (your province or hukou may vary):

http://www.bnpo.gov....72115331419.doc

http://www.bnpo.gov....ide/detail1.asp

A discussion of the huji (or hukou system can be found at Hukou System. Chinese residents should go to their hukou for all notarial documents (birth, divorce, and/or single certificate, and police records). For the police record, one obtained at the hukou will cover all of China.

A notarial document will be in the standard white notarial booklet, have an official red seal, an English translation, and an attestation to the true translation.

Marriage certification for I-130 or K-3 must be in the same format.

If ANY document is unobtainable, you should submit a statement of WHY it is unobtainable, and what effort you made to obtain it.

As Randy said, I'm a bit confused as to what was submitted as a translated document.

as for TWO different WHITE books?

This is new to me.

There is only one WHITE book to submit

As you can see in the examples below (These are the translated documents for my wife) these are what we submitted and was accepted with no questions asked.

All Translated documents should be in this format and from China's Notarial Offices (Gong Zheng Chu)

gallery_2511_661_9202.jpg

gallery_2511_661_12541.jpg

gallery_2511_661_14972.jpg

gallery_2511_661_3404.jpg

gallery_2511_661_27922.jpg

USCIS will always (In most cases) Approve ones case.

NVC will just take your money and make sure all required papers are in order.

If every thing is in order NVC sends it to GZ.

It all comes down to the one behind the glass window on interview day.

They are GOD and have the final say.

They hold your/our lives in there hands.

It's just the way it is.

I've been down this road before and I'm doing it again.

Cross your T's And dot your I's and most important....... Research, Research.

In the long run!

Everyone always gets there visa, Some just take longer.

Hang in there buddy.

We all heard the saying, If you build it they will come.

Trust me! you and your SO will be together soon.

Mike

(Note) Randy/Dan please feel free to edit this post as needed.

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)