NVC Electronic Processing - Require Opt-in ?

As you might have known, before, if you want electronic processing with NVC, i.e. sending all documents thru email, you must first send NVC a "opt-in" email. NVC will then change your case number from "GUZ" to "GZO" and you go from there.

Today, I just checked the NVC web page regarding document processing, see below:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html#method1

It seems the language regarding "opt-in" is distinctively missing from the web page.

Does this mean that you no longer need to send them the "opt-in" email anymore? You can just send them the document thru email, directly?

Thanks.

To "opt-in" you need to use email exclusively, starting with scanning and emailing the I-864 and continuing. If you snail mail this you are opting to do the slower mail process.

Method 2: Choice of processing

If your NVC case number begins with MTL

Or…

If your NVC case number begins with a GUZ prefix AND your petition is in one of the following visa categories: CR1, CR2, F1, F2A, F2B, F3, F4, IR1, IR2, or IR5

You can choose either Method 1: Email processing (above) or Method 3: Mail processing (below).

Important: Once you select a method, you cannot switch methods later in the process.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html

As you might have known, before, if you want electronic processing with NVC, i.e. sending all documents thru email, you must first send NVC a "opt-in" email. NVC will then change your case number from "GUZ" to "GZO" and you go from there.

Today, I just checked the NVC web page regarding document processing, see below:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html#method1

It seems the language regarding "opt-in" is distinctively missing from the web page.

Does this mean that you no longer need to send them the "opt-in" email anymore? You can just send them the document thru email, directly?

Thanks.

Yes, that is correct - you simply send documents electronically without sending the "opt-in" email which used to be required.

For electronic processing, ALL document must be sent in electronically, even if the instructions for that document say to mail it in. The choice of electronic vs. snail mail is made by the first document you send in.

• Like 1

Thanks.

Yes, that is correct - you simply send documents electronically without sending the "opt-in" email which used to be required.

For electronic processing, ALL document must be sent in electronically, even if the instructions for that document say to mail it in. The choice of electronic vs. snail mail is made by the first document you send in.

Thank you.

• 5 months later...

Can K1 visa filers have to opt in to electronic filing?

No, a K-1 case has no interaction at NVC, USCIS sends the case to NVC, NVC does some background checking and then they send the case on to the consulate.

NVC does not contact either the petitioner or beneficiary.