I-130 Questions - Just getting started

Hi Everyone,

Just getting started on the immigration process for my wife, and currently filling out the I-130. Few questions here, I did a few searches of the site and couldn't find specific answers but assuming you can all help:

Box C2 - Does this address need to match any of our documents (her Hukou, my residence permit, etc). I ask because I tend to use our office address in China (same company for both of us) for mailing, since we have a very competent mail room which I can't say the same for about my apartment complex.

Box C17 - Do I need to list myself as her spouse again here or is this redundant since I am filing on her behalf as her spouse?

Documentation - My birth certificate is in a box somewhere back home in the US. I do have my Passport and Social Security card here with me in China. Will these be sufficient or will I need to get the birth certificate?

More documentation - we had her Chinese documents translated and notarized about 6 months ago, and the translator told her that they would expire in 6 months (now). However, there is no expiration date on the documents and I can't find anything online about these expiring. Does anyone know if they would remain valid?

Last question (for now!). We live in Hangzhou, so based on all I've seen here we will be going to Guangzhou for DCF. Please correct me if wrong.

thanks ahead of time

C2. Since you both are living together show B2 as physical address and C2 as mail address.

C17. Yes list again. Note form serves many uses like cases where petitioner is not spouse.

Proof of citizenship passport will serv this, copy all pages including cover. SSN card not need and is not proof of citizenship.

Only forenign documents needed when filing the I-130 is marriage cert. And divorce and/or death certs from prior marriage. As far as USCIS is conserned they do not expire. Other docs birth cert. Police cert will be needed later. Police cert does expire.

Service Area

The Guangzhou Field Office has jurisdiction over the provinces: Anhui, Chongqing, Fujian, Gansu, Guangdong, Guangxi, Guizhou, Hainan, Henan, Hubei, Hunan, Jiangsu, Jiangxi, Ningxia, Qinghai, Shaanxi, Shandong, Sichuan, Xinjiang, Xizang (Tibet ), Xiamen, Yunnan, and Zhejiang.

http://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/international-offices/china-guangzhou-field-office

Hangzhou is in Zhejiang province which is indicated by field office as being their jurisdiction.