BLAECH!

Uggg the wife wants me to lose a few pounds so she went to the Chinese drug store and came back with a bag of stuff she boiled for 2 hours and then poured in to my favorite ice tea container and put it in the fridge. Well now comes the part where I'm suppose to drink this stuff.

Well it's.......it's .......BLACK AND SMELLS LIKE THE LAST TIME I HOSED OUT MY LAWNMOWER DECK! And there's a whole gallon of it! The taste can be best described as if you managed to some how eat a whole high school wood shop. Yep the whole class room right down to the dirty mop water and the gum stuck under the desks.

Well I stared at the glass full of swamp water and made the joke to my wife if I drink this and live I get some extra Tiny Hiney for each glass I drink. She laughed and said OK.....

I drank 2 glasses yesterday and one this morning...! :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

At this rate if I lose weight who know if it's from the drink or all the extra 105 pound China doll curls I been doing...

Robert

• Like 2

Hours of wild uninhibited no holds barred sex has always been the ultimate remedy to large spare tires. And, its completely "natural" too, ya don't have to cut down any trees to make a concoction or take any man made chemicals.

Dr. tsap seui

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

When living in China, my students often supplied me with all manner of foul-tasting, foul-smelling concoctions that were supposed to cure all manner of things. As for as my wife is concerned, the worst thing she ever gave me was liver soup. :sweating_buckets: :nonono: :eekout:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I have seen all sorts of weird concoctions produced here at home. Some are downright evil, and others quite good, (Medicine=Moonshine).

Brought back some powdered stuff we got from a man up in the mountains, was supposed to cure kidney stones. After brewing, it was truly foul, I just couldn't drink it. Took the bag to an Asian Doctor I know, he knew what it was. Mostly tree bark and a diuretic to make you pee more.

The magic medicine drip line you can get for 20RMB to make you feel better when sick was just a plain saline IV, (the IV bag was printed in English). Impossible to convince them otherwise, as it was a Doctor who gave it.

All in all, I use my best judgement, as most won't hurt you, just make you pee or get the runs.

I have seen all sorts of weird concoctions produced here at home. Some are downright evil, and others quite good, (Medicine=Moonshine).

Brought back some powdered stuff we got from a man up in the mountains, was supposed to cure kidney stones. After brewing, it was truly foul, I just couldn't drink it. Took the bag to an Asian Doctor I know, he knew what it was. Mostly tree bark and a diuretic to make you pee more.

The magic medicine drip line you can get for 20RMB to make you feel better when sick was just a plain saline IV, (the IV bag was printed in English). Impossible to convince them otherwise, as it was a Doctor who gave it.

All in all, I use my best judgement, as most won't hurt you, just make you pee or get the runs.

I had an experience with that "magic medicine drip line" - after I found out that they had simply given me the same "medicine" three times in a row in one week when it was ineffective against what I had, I cured the problem with antibiotics, which are readily available at any drugstore (what I call "behind the counter" drugs - you have to ask the pharmacist).

I did have an actual medicinal IV once which had a bronchial dilator and antibiotics, but yes, it is generally just the saline with some medicine to help your blood recover, especially from the street clinics.

Restrictions on cold medicines with potential for drug abuse have come into play to restrict what is available, especially those with pseudo-ephedrine or codeine. I've taken to inhaling steam, which seems to cure/prevent anything I might come down with without resorting to medicine.