Do you celebrate Mid-Autumn Festival?

Joecy

9/8 is Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival. Our Chinese Association is throwing a party with mooncakes and luckydraw this weekend.

I had never crave for mooncake in China.

Every Mid-autumn festival, companies buys many mooncake coupons to give to their customers as gift. Everyone at work gets tone of mooncake coupons, they then had to get ride of them by giving to their family, friends, "yellow bull"(people who sell and collect coupon to make money), or back to the store to exchange something else. The city is covered with mooncake coupons.

Then all the bakery and icecream brands try hard to be creative with mooncakes, they made facier boxes or fancy ice cream mooncake.... the mooncakes are not special anymore, it was a big season to be mooncake sick....

But now that I have to miss this Mid-Autumn Festival party, I really want a mooncake. I know my 7-yr-old really want one too, cause every time, when I saw mooncake box in a Chinese grocery store, usually the most plain mooncake box, I went :oh!!!! see that's mooncake! My daughter picked up my tone, thinking mooncake is the best desert in the world.

Here's what they do at the party

Agenda

- 6:30pm Registration Starts

- 7:00pm Party Starts

- 7:10pm Distribute and Taste Mooncakes

(Numbers of mooncakes are limited, please come before 7:10pm to enjoy your share of mooncake)

- 7:20pm Party Prize Draw

- 7:30pm Interactive Games

- 8:00pm Clown for Kids (balloon twisting, face painting etc.)

- 8:00pm Games for Kids

- 10:00pm End of Party

Fees: Member: Free Non-Member: $5/person

Do you still celebrate Mid-Autumn Festival in the US?

Does you wife make or buy moon cake for the family?

BTW, Happy Mid-Autumn Festival to you all!!!!

I always buy a tin of Moon Cakes for my wife every year at the local Asian food store. I guess this year it will be two tins since my Mother In Law is visiting.

• Like 1

Friend gave me 1 moon cake today, just 1. Said it was ordered from China by another friend, gave some to her, and she gave 1 to me. My daughter had her eye on it once she saw it, I said no, we have to wait.

I have received many "Happy Mid-Autumn Festival" wishes, only sharing this 1 moon cake with my husband and daughter seems to be the best way to celebrate ---- it taste just like childhood.

post-70672-0-56248000-1410226873_thumb.jpg

We usually don't have any formal celebration, but often do buy a tin of moon cakes. We do try to look at the moon if it is not cloudy and we have shared the story of the Mid-Autumn Festival with our daughter Salina.