What do Americans do on a long road trip?

Joecy

Yes, that was a lot of fun counting "big truck daddy", finding things that were a certain color, and playing "I spy" games were you try to guess something she described that she saw on the side of the highway, and doing math games with Ahrial. Not too sure about being a "good daddy" as I sure made my mistakes as a single parent, at the same time as getting a fledgling business in a very competitive market off the ground and running....LOL It all worked out and my daughter still talks to me. Gonna fly out to Medford, Oregon in October to be with her for her 28th birthday. She still has her hearing intact even from my eardrum assaults on her ear drums with my so called singing. LOL

There are plenty of things to do while traveling. As the good mother that you are you will easily invent some games and use games you read about that others used.

Rawknee

• Like 1

Joecy, this is one of my favorite Chinese song. Liren downloaded all the Chinese songs so she may have changed some of the names. I hope that you recognize it.

Larry

It's beautiful!

Funny that I never liked it when I was in China, cause the song is too popular! But now, hearing the familiar tune , the street view of China just came back. Thanks for digging that out, Larry.

Does Liren speak Cantonese?

Yes, it is a very old song but it is one of my favorites. It is not Liren's favorite song only mine. I actually don't know what her favorite song is as she plays all of them equally. Yes, Liren speaks Cantonese too.

Larry

Edited by amberjack1234 (see edit history)

Hi Doug, Is this the bench seat in the front? (i'm sorry for the size of the pix)

Do you still remember the really stupid stuff you taught them? :)

http://assets.blog.hemmings.com/wp-content/uploads//2012/10/1963Impalabenchseat_1500.jpg

I do think I know why Doug (and maybe a few of us) perfer a bench seat to buckets... :whistling: ...let's just say bench seats were less confining. :D

• Like 1

Hi Doug, Is this the bench seat in the front? (i'm sorry for the size of the pix)

Do you still remember the really stupid stuff you taught them? :)

http://assets.blog.hemmings.com/wp-content/uploads//2012/10/1963Impalabenchseat_1500.jpg

I do think I know why Doug (and maybe a few of us) perfer a bench seat to buckets... :whistling: ...let's just say bench seats were less confining. :D

I always thought of them as"love" seats.

Medford is quite a ways from Portland but if you have any layover time here let me know and I'll come out to the airport to meet you.

Carl, It would be great to meet you.

I've searched leaving from Washington, Baltimore and Pittsburgh...the only thing I find that is reasonable on flight times...and lands in Portland would put in in Portland from 8:11Pm to 9:30pm. I'll book that flight if you think you can be there at those times??? Not much time to talk and laugh but I'll book it if you say you can be there then. Only one seat left and the rest of the flights puts me in airports for 12 hours instead of 9 hours. It would be a real treat to meet you.

Rawknee

Medford is quite a ways from Portland but if you have any layover time here let me know and I'll come out to the airport to meet you.

I've searched leaving from Washington, Baltimore and Pittsburgh...the only thing I find that is reasonable on flight times...and lands in Portland would put in in Portland from 8:11Pm to 9:30pm. I'll book that flight if you think you can be there at those times??? Not much time to talk and laugh but I'll book it if you say you can be there then. Only one seat left and the rest of the flights puts me in airports for 12 hours instead of 9 hours. It would be a real treat to meet you.

Rawknee

What day of the week? I'm off Sundays and Mondays. The rest of the week I get off at 7:30. It's a 45 minute drive to the airport from my work. After parking It would probably be about 8:30. You would have to come out of the gate area then go back through security. We would have maybe 20-30 minutes to visit. I'm game if you are.

Rawknee

What day of the week? I'm off Sundays and Mondays. The rest of the week I get off at 7:30. It's a 45 minute drive to the airport from my work. After parking It would probably be about 8:30. You would have to come out of the gate area then go back through security. We would have maybe 20-30 minutes to visit. I'm game if you are.

Carl, now, with your work schedule and the fact that you're willing to make the trip out to the airport, I'm gonna take some time and try some options about coming out to Portland on Monday the 13th, spend the night in a hotel close to the airport and leave Tuesday for Medford.

Most of the flights from my 3 airports get into Portland in the late afternoon so if you have the time we could possibly eat dinner together, have time for some laughs at life AND get some pitchers of our smiling faces. I'm not looking to impose on you guys but heck, I'd be in Portland for a few hours, it would be a dang shame not to say hello and have a few hours together...and, I think it's gonna be quite a race to come out on Tuesday with only an hour and a half layover, leave security, say a quick hello/goodbye to you, and run through security back to my gate.

This way wouldn't be so rushed...not to mention I'll probably start falling asleep at 9pm or 10pm what with the 3 hour time difference. I used to have problems with that when I'd fly out to LA or Portland or Seattle to teach a class, and the class sponsors wanted to keep me out to 11pm or 12am eating and talking....heck, I'd be up 21 hours by then and had too get back up at 6am to eat and get back to their facility by 7am for a class that started at 8am.... :crazy:

I'm gonna see about making two round trip flights (here to PDX, and PDX to Medford) that would fit together for me to catch my flight back to here. Do you think you'd have time on late Monday afternoon?

Rawknee :offtopic: But hey, it's all about traveling long distances in America....right? :lol:

Mick, when's it gonna cool down, down yonder? I've got firm plans to git down nair, too buddy. I'll call ya today after me and my Louisville slugger go collect some of Chairman Mao's daughter's rent money. :whistling:

Cuzin' tsapper, I wouldn't venture to say it's gonna git kool downcheer til at least October or so. This week, fer eggzample, iz callin' fer mid-to-upper 90s with high humidity. They say a "cold front" is supposed to come through at the beginning of next week, which means temps will drop to the lower 90s, and of course, will also set off a spate of severe thunderstorms. Last year, fall came early but the year before that, it was still warm heading into December. As I recall, that year we had our last day in the 90s a week before Thanksgiving. If things go as expected, though, I think any time after October 1st should be tolerable unless we have one of those summers that just won't leave. Looking forward to seein' you and wish I could also go out to Portland and meet up with Carl. Lordy, if the three of us got together it would shore be Katy bar the door!

• Like 2