A Visit from the Police

Randy W

Guest ExChinaExpat

Please provide a comprehensive translation of all the signs you posted here and be sure to keep your camera running to see how long they last before the police remove them.

Please provide a comprehensive translation of all the signs you posted here and be sure to keep your camera running to see how long they last before the police remove them.

They were up for one day - the wife simply told me that the police were informing us of the good work they were doing, and to watch out for the bad guys.

I assume (but don't know) that they were taken for display somewhere else around Yulin.

Guest ExChinaExpat

They were up for one day - the wife simply told me that the police were informing us of the good work they were doing, and to watch out for the bad guys.

I assume (but don't know) that they were taken for display somewhere else around Yulin.

I don't think the content of those signs is to communicate to the residents of your community how good a job they are doing. It appears the content is more to protest imposed regulations.

I don't think the content of those signs is to communicate to the residents of your community how good a job they are doing. It appears the content is more to protest imposed regulations.

Why? What are you seeing? Seriously, if you can read anything on the posters, let me know.

I see pictures of exactly what I said - bike thieves, purse snatchers, Internet crooks, etc., etc. Most of the posters DO appear to be supportive of the police, but my wife gave me no translation beyond what I said, so I really don't have much of a clue.

They were up all day, with no police presence whatsoever, and drew very little attention, except for more than a few passersby who were reading the posters. They were INSIDE he complex security, so no outsiders were coming up to see them.

Guest ExChinaExpat

Why? What are you seeing? Seriously, if you can read anything on the posters, let me know.

I see pictures of exactly what I said - bike thieves, purse snatchers, Internet crooks, etc., etc. Most of the posters DO appear to be supportive of the police, but my wife gave me no translation beyond what I said, so I really don't have much of a clue.

They were up all day, with no police presence whatsoever, and drew very little attention, except for more than a few passersby who were reading the posters. They were INSIDE he complex security, so no outsiders were coming up to see them.

I cannot translate them directly, but I saw these kind of protests in China a few times, and several times in Taiwan. It's the appearance of the signs that catches my eyes, in that they are tightly grouped together and quite obtrusive. It would be nice to have one of our ladies, or gentlemen who is fluent in reading Chinese characters translate the content word for word. I am quite curious.

She told me just now that it had to do with the Xinjiang "terrorist" concern - and to tell people to call the police if you see any of these people.

I'm virtually certain that the whole thing was fairly innocuous and either sanctioned or actually displayed by the police, but, yes, I wish I had someone who was willing to translate more of it.

I think that is what I aspire to become: an Internet Hooligan.

In China, I often heard the word "hooligan" used to describe various people. I think the pinyin may be Liu Meng or something close to that.