Cheap Mail-Order gifts for a woman to give a man?

Ok, as many of you know, I met Irina through an Introductions Agency called Virginia / Maksim’s in Yoshkar-Ola, Russia. I know that dating agencies may be a controversial subject, but that is beside the point of this.

The agency provides services for both the men and the women including translating letters, arranging tours, giving gifts, finding short term apartment rentals, and etc, all at a hefty fee (at least a 100% markup on everything). They also have English classes, and perhaps even connections to a driving school. This is all generally geared to Americans or Europeans (who have money) giving stuff to their foreign loves.

Anyway, a year ago the agency offered coupons for photos. Essentially, a man could purchase a photo-shoot coupon for $10 or so. The coupons would then be presented to the woman as if she could purchase a special studio photo-shoot and send the pictures to her boyfriend/fiancée for a much reduced rate of $1 or so.

I am not sure how successful the program was as I haven’t heard about it since then, or whether the women eventually figured out how the coupons were being paid for. Actually, I am surprised the Agency doesn’t offer it as part of the correspondence fees, but their goals are making MONEY!!!

Anyway, I was thinking about asking the agency if they still had a similar program.

However, I was wondering what kind of “gifts” would be appropriate? A new table saw from Home Depot might be nice, but not very practical. I am not a big flower bouquet fan. Perhaps chocolates could be sent to either work or home (mail or delivery).

Ideas or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Clifford

Are you talking about for yourself, or her?

The idea is to set something up so she could easily give me something "special", just for fun....... Perhaps what needs to be done is to setup a selection of potential gifts just like the agency has a selection of 20 different chocolates, flower arrangements, stuffed animals, etc to give the women (except, we can leave the stuffed animals off from the gifts for men).

Maybe a "good" screwdriver set or something like that could be added to the list.

----- Clifford -----

Clifford...

Is this something she has said she wants to do?

Dave,

Irina hasn't mentioned it.

I was just thinking about one of Don's earlier posts. How to strive for equality in a relationship.

- I earn "Middle Class American Income".

- Irina is currently a college student in Russia. If she worked, she would be lucky to get about $20 / month for a half-time job.

I have thought about getting a credit/debit card to her, but I have been sending her some help via Western Union instead.

I just sent her some flowers and chocolates as well as a $300 Christmas gift. What if she wants to reciprocate with something simple.

Something like logging into Sears and scheduling for a set of sockets to be gift wrapped and delivered would be extremely difficult for her.

Or, candies via online stores would also be difficult for her.

http://www.candyfavorites.com/

http://www.candydirect.com/html/eng/home.shtml

Of course, there is always "snail mail". However, if one puts standard ground postage on the package, it can take up to 2 months to arrive. As we all know, Express Mail can cost more than the original package.

As I mentioned, earlier the "Agency" had a program where a woman could send a gift of pictures at a low cost (suplimented by the man).... I thought I could suggest that the program be supplimented with giving mail-order chocolates or hand-tools. Perhaps it is a little strange to do so, but it would be a good way to provide a little better access to the woman.

I just thought that creating the opportunity to purchase gifts in the USA would make her feel better by being able to (easily) reciprocate in such things.

I don't need more screwdrivers or chocolates, but I would cherish the thought.

----- Clifford -----

Clifford...

Is this something she has said she wants to do?

Dave,

Irina hasn't mentioned it.

I was just thinking about one of Don's earlier posts. How to strive for equality in a relationship.

- I earn "Middle Class American Income".

- Irina is currently a college student in Russia. If she worked, she would be lucky to get about $20 / month for a half-time job.

I have thought about getting a credit/debit card to her, but I have been sending her some help via Western Union instead.

I just sent her some flowers and chocolates as well as a $300 Christmas gift. What if she wants to reciprocate with something simple.

Something like logging into Sears and scheduling for a set of sockets to be gift wrapped and delivered would be extremely difficult for her.

Or, candies via online stores would also be difficult for her.

http://www.candyfavorites.com/

http://www.candydirect.com/html/eng/home.shtml

Of course, there is always "snail mail". However, if one puts standard ground postage on the package, it can take up to 2 months to arrive. As we all know, Express Mail can cost more than the original package.

As I mentioned, earlier the "Agency" had a program where a woman could send a gift of pictures at a low cost (suplimented by the man).... I thought I could suggest that the program be supplimented with giving mail-order chocolates or hand-tools. Perhaps it is a little strange to do so, but it would be a good way to provide a little better access to the woman.

I just thought that creating the opportunity to purchase gifts in the USA would make her feel better by being able to (easily) reciprocate in such things.

I don't need more screwdrivers or chocolates, but I would cherish the thought.

----- Clifford -----

After the last drought, you are again TOO kind. Don't worry about it until she expresses the desire. I'm still filled with concern. I don't care what her means are. Let her figure out something nice to do. JM pulled off some magical, CHEAP things while we waited. Irina can do the same........

I was always sending Chocolate to my MM it was my way to dote on her and hers was every night to sing me to sleep she has a beautiful voice and I like it, only problem is she has to wake me up to take off head set otherwise when she logs off it goes "DING" an scares the piss out of me. I know this is no help since your woman does not have easy access to Internet but the best gifts come from the heart an not the wallet, another gift I got was baby pic's of her.

Darrell is right Clifford. The most precious gifts I have from Bing are some photos of her when she was a little girl. I tend to agree with Dave too. (god this is scary) While she finally responded to your efforts has she answered to your satisfaction the long drought? I think it would be appropriate for her to make the effort now. I am really happy for you that things appear to be back on track but I also think it would be wise to exercise some caution.

What about a tape which includes your personal message to her?It can be a good gift.You can express your deep concern to her and how much she is important to you.Does it soud good to you,Clifford?It is not expensive but meaningful.And she can keep it as long as she can.Maybe she can sing a song for you in return.