Why Chinese can¡¯t play well with others

I have no clue what this represents, but it's an interesting rant in the Global Times from an individual identified only as "By Jeremy Garlick Source:Global Times Published: 2014-6-29 18:43:01"

This is NOT what I see here in Yulin

Why Chinese can’t play well with others
While pensioners can often be seen playing cards or mahjong, and university students let off steam on the basketball or volleyball court, it is quite rare to see city children engaged in group play. In fact, the only times when I have seen children in China playing games together without direction from an adult is in small villages far outside the metropolis.

Why is this? Largely, it has to be said, the relative gamelessness of Chinese childhood (compared to, say, Europe, Latin America or Africa, where kids can be seen playing soccer everywhere) can be attributed to the one-child policy. In an era devoid of siblings, it is a natural tendency for caregivers to trail after their only child, anxious to ensure that it stays out of harm's way.

I routinely tell my wife China has generated an entire generation of spoiled brats. The 1 child generation will be China's downfall as they get older and start becoming the countries leaders because much like generations in USA, the 1 child generation is a entitlement generation, believing everything will be given to them and hard work means nothing.

Edited by Randy W
This topic is about China, not USA politics. (see edit history)
Guest ExChinaExpat

China's spoiled one-child generation would absolutely whoop ass against America's dummas entitled good for nothing generation because after their years in the basement the light of day would blind their lazy American butts and they wouldn't go to a competition unless the subject was drugs, alcohol, or sex. The Chinese would only go if their parents anticipated an award for music, business, or academia. Damn, those Chinese parents fill a void that American absentee parents cannot compete, but the Chinese kids just keep on achieving high honors, and American kids ask for more handouts.

Edited by ExChinaExpat (see edit history)

China's spoiled one-child generation would absolutely whoop ass against America's dummas entitled good for nothing generation because after their years in the basement the light of day would blind their lazy American butts and they wouldn't go to a competition unless the subject was drugs, alcohol, or sex. The Chinese would only go if their parents anticipated an award for music, business, or academia. Damn, those Chinese parents fill a void that American absentee parents cannot compete, but the Chinese kids just keep on achieving high honors, and American kids ask for more handouts.

I do not know who you are nor do I want to know some one that makes such broad AND WRONG assumptions about America, Americans and American Kids.

My daughter for example Graduated from Purdue this year in Bio Phsysiology and got accepted to Yale and Pitsstburgh(which she chose) to pursue her Masters in Public Health and from there she will go on to get a PhD.

Most of the kids she went ot High School with graduated from College this year.

Oh and this is in good ole America and not China.

• Like 1
Guest ExChinaExpat

I do not know who you are nor do I want to know some one that makes such broad AND WRONG assumptions about America, Americans and American Kids.

My daughter for example Graduated from Purdue this year in Bio Phsysiology and got accepted to Yale and Pitsstburgh(which she chose) to pursue her Masters in Public Health and from there she will go on to get a PhD.

Most of the kids she went ot High School with graduated from College this year.

Oh and this is in good ole America and not China.

I am a spoiled and ignorant hillbilly who was born from a Chinese lab experiment gone wrong.