Cheapest cell phone plans?

We are researching different phone plans for when we head back to America next week. Anyone have good advice about which phone plan is the best/cheapest for two people? We are trying to save money in every way possible. We are leaning toward China Moble at the moment.

My wife and I have been using Straight Talk for the past couple years, cost is $45 per month per phone for unlimited minutes, SMS, and data, however they do reserve the right to place a limit on the data in extreme cases they tend to shoot a SMS to the phone if data is getting excessive, I use a lot of data, and have yet to get one of those text messages. I switched to straight talk because I got tired of two year contracts with their crazy rates, I did have to buy my own phones, but the cost savings more than makes up for the up-front cost of the phone.

http://www.straighttalk.com/wps/portal/home

If you are not a big data and talk person, they offer a lower cost plan, ($30 for 100mb 1500min) Or if you will find yourself calling China often they do offer an international calling plan too ($60, unlimited talk, data, text, and international calls).

• Like 1

...... We are leaning toward China Moble at the moment.

T-Mobile?

They offer unlimited calls to China for about .... US$10/month?

2 Lines Plan

$80 per month

Plus taxes, fees and monthly device payment

Line 1 / $50 per month

• Unlimited talk, text & data while on our network
  • Up to 1 GB of 4G LTE data (Speeds reduced after 1 GB)
  • Unlimited data & text in 120+ countries & destinations

Line 2 / $30 per month

• Unlimited talk, text & data while on our network
  • Up to 1 GB of 4G LTE data (Speeds reduced after 1 GB)
  • Unlimited data & text in 120+ countries & destinations
Edited by Greg.D. (see edit history)
  • Like 1

T-Mobile, Have 3 phones on T-mobile, total bill monthly for everything including unlimited calls to China mobiles or landlines $165. That includes unlimited calls and texts, and 3GB of 4G data per phone. Over 3GB they don't charge you more they just slow it down. Yes you do need to buy your phones outright, but you can buy your phones in China and they will work here on T-Mobile. China purchased phones will NOT work on Verizon and Sprint as neither will use a unlocked phones.

Have to watch coverage with T-Mobile, we had friend on T-mobile so when they were at house made sure it was 4G in the house. The other advantage is wifi calling.

Have had zero problems.

Perviously had Sprint for 2 phones and was paying more for everything.

I use Straight talk for my cell phone at $45 for unlimited calling nationwide and have Vonage world for our calls to china at $27 a month. Like both services and have had no problem with either. Switched to Straight Talk fromT-Mobile -- better coverage and price. I liked T-Mobile when I had it.