Kyle and Jingjing update

Kyle

SOOOOO, Jing2 and I had an offer accepted on a house. Would you guys allow after the closing date the current occupant stay for a few days, or not? I said on the phone that I wouldn't be against it (I didn't sign anything saying I'd let her stay beyond closing), but after researching it, I'm inclined not to let her.

http://activerain.trulia.com/blogsview/1163899/be-cautious-in-agreeing-to-delayed-possession

Feel free to weigh in

Oh no!!!!! Do not allow seller to stay in the home, Kyle. You sign the papers, the home is YOURs upon signing the paperwork. Seller can say goodbye to the home on their dime, not yours. You don't buy a home and become an instant landlord the second you sign your names on the papers...NO NO NO.

When you get finished at closing you go immediately to that home and install the new door locks you bought the day before the closing date, buddy.

Letting them stay in the that house even 5 minutes after you closed on it could bring you grief. If they need more time, then set back the closing date.

Nice to hear they accepted your offer. Good luck on that first house together. I still get warm fuzzies when I look at our first home we bought together.

Great to see everything working out for you guys, Kyle.

tsap seui

Congrats on the major milestone of buying your first house together! Over the years, I have owned several homes, but I still cherish the day Li and I bought our first home as a couple, about two years after we returned from China. And also, there is no way I would let the seller stay in the house beyond closing. Too many bad things can happen. Imagine, for example, one of them "slips and falls" when moving out. You, as the property owner, may be responsible. Call me paranoid, but better safe than sorry, especially in the world we currently reside in.

• Like 2

Fantastic insights Tsap and Mick. I value your thoughts. I'll let you guys know how this will play out. It is exciting. Jingjing has already staked her claim to a portion of the back yard that she will use for a garden. She's also vetoed my suggestion of adding ceiling mirrors . . . . oh well :(

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats Kyle and Jingjing!

I found it impressive that Jingjing went through the Nurse school, and is employed by the hospital! To me, getting a job in the US still seems impossible, but I'm thinking about it everyday!

Not everyone coming to the US could thrive like Jingjing, she must worked very hard at it.

I would like to talk to her, if possible, want to learn how did she make it.

Edited by Joecy (see edit history)
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, so I forgot to update, but we are closing on the house at the end of the month. We just got word today that Jingjing's parents were granted their B-2 visas today. Now, we just have to buy their tickets and keep moving forward. So much is happening right now, many life changes all at once. . . my head is spinning

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

Oh we provided the following:

Invitation letter in both Chinese and English (this included a general itenerary)

Copies of 2013 tax return

Copy of photo ID Kyle and Jingjing (State ID)

Copy of Jingjing's green card

--

Jingjing's parent's brought:

Copy of their frozen assets and retirement plan (retirement from CCP)

Their apartment papers (showing ownership)

Copies of our translated marraige license and Jingjing's birth certificate (left over from IR application process

Fantastic news about the closing and the visa, Kyle. I can imagine with all you have going on, your head is indeed spinning. As for the closing, prepare for writers cramp from signing your name a zillion times.

How is everything else going? Are you feeling less "homesick" for China? I know it took me a long time to readjust to Stateside life after living over there for so long.

Oh we provided the following:

Invitation letter in both Chinese and English (this included a general itenerary)

Copies of 2013 tax return

Copy of photo ID Kyle and Jingjing (State ID)

Copy of Jingjing's green card

--

Jingjing's parent's brought:

Copy of their frozen assets and retirement plan (retirement from CCP)

Their apartment papers (showing ownership)

Copies of our translated marraige license and Jingjing's birth certificate (left over from IR application process

Did the Immigration Officer ask to look at any of these? All my father-in-law was asked for was a copy of my wife's green card and a copy of her student ID (she is graduating) before he was approved. It appears it is getting much easier for older Chinese to get visa's to visit their LPR children in the US.

Not sure whether or not the VO looked (or asked to look) at all of the documents.

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone! It's been a bit since I stopped by. I really need to be present more often. I just wanted to introduce everyone to my daughter, Kya Grace Meyers - Born 02/02/2016

Thank goodness, she looks like my wife

http://i65.tinypic.com/28utv14.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/5tp1t.jpg

I hope everyone is doing well. Miss you all.

Blessings to all,

Kyle

• Like 2