Hi I am on cgi website now. First of all, my case status has been updated again yesterday but neither my attorney nor I received the P4 from GUZ IV Unit. However, I am able to log onto the interview scheduling page since yesterday afternoon. Anyone know what's going on? Am I going to get the P4 in EMS instead of email? Now I am facing a prob. I am looking forwards to an interview date next week. Currently the earliest date available is June 22. This morning when I log on to cgi, the page tells me I am reaching the maximal page viewing and I HAVE to finish the interview scheduling during THIS session. So I suppose my account might be temporarily locked for certain amount of time? And do you think on Thursday (today, china time), is it likely new appointment dates would be available? Any advice is much appreciated. Timeline of my case: E1 SENT TO GUZ MARCH GUZ RECEIVED MAY 1ST AP MAY 20TH 2ND AP MAY 21TH 3RD AP MAY 28TH 4TH AP JUN 11TH

There is no longer a P4 once able to schedule an interview on CGI site that is your "P4". Before the CGI was introduced a year or so ago the consulate would set interview dates and send letters indicating the scheduled appointment time.

Yes you can reschedule on the CGI site.

There is no longer a P4 once able to schedule an interview on CGI site that is your "P4". Before the CGI was introduced a year or so ago the consulate would set interview dates and send letters indicating the scheduled appointment time.

dnoblett

Thanks.

First of all, my case is paper casefile. If I do not get the P4, then how can I get the medical done?

Second, just to confirm with you that, once I schedule a date and at a later time point I found a better/appropriate date, then I can self cancel and reschedule on CGI. Is this what you mean?

Much appreciated.

dnoblett

Thanks.

First of all, my case is paper casefile. If I do not get the P4, then how can I get the medical done?

Second, just to confirm with you that, once I schedule a date and at a later time point I found a better/appropriate date, then I can self cancel and reschedule on CGI. Is this what you mean?

Much appreciated.

You schedule your interview, and then arrange to do medical at one of the medical places indicated by the consulate.

Best to schedule an interview date beyond your planned medical, so best to set visa interview a few weeks out allowing you to do a medical before the interview, you can even do the medical in Guangzhou a couple days before visa interview.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-iv-preparedocuments.asp

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/MedicalRequirements.pdf

And I believe the CGI site allows reschedule, however best to pick a date that is good for you, and stick to it, and only if something comes up, then contact the consulate and ask about rescheduling using their online form, http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/contactiv.html

I know this procedure.

But confuse me, I did not get P4 but were allowed to book a date, which is different from what I am aware of. Without P4, even If i booked the date, I am not positive that the medical center will take my request.

And keep bothering me even more, the CGI webiste now tells me I reached page viewing uplimit and I have to complete the interview in this session. But, I am looking forward to potential better slots (next week) available. So I am asking if I schedule an interview date now, am I freely to cancel and reschedule?

Yes, I will do my medical at Guangzhou.

You take you passport along with 5 passport photos to the medical center indicated in the link I posted they do not need any confirmation that you have a scheduled interview, they simply take fee to do medical, and vaccinations, fill out the medical forms and seal the results in an envelope for you to bring to the interview.

Again I said I believe you can easily reschedule, I have seen others indicate having to reschedule appointments before.

From dealing with the CGI site before for my wife's mother's visit visa, I believe we revisited the site several times while deciding on a visa interview time.