Request for additional evidence

I was checking my I-129F status on USCIS web site and noticed the following, which has me a little worried:

Request for Evidence
On May 27, 2014, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I-129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail.
Anyone ever gotten this? I called the hotline and the person on the phone says they do not know what additional evidence is being requested so I have to wait for the letter. The person did mention something about I-797E form. How far will this set me back on my application? I'm a little frustrated,,,

They do happen, many possibilities:

• They lost something you included.
  • Passport photo(s) not satisfactory
  • Evidence of having met in person within the past 2 years had no dates.
  • Fee was incorrect
  • IMBRA issue such as timeline since a prior immigrant marriage
  • If married before, information about prior marriage left out

All you can do is wait for the RFE letter to find out what it is about, calling USCIS will not provide you any information.

I-797E is the RFE, it is the boiler plate form used by USCIS when requesting additional evidence.

Check topics tagged RFE http://candleforlove.com/forums/tags/forums/RFE/

We got and RFE when we were going through the process, as Dan says wait for the letter, it will explain everything they want you to submit. I was asked for many things, some of which I originally submitted. Just resubmit everything they ask for. I was asked for my chat logs and e-mails and more photos. I had originally sent them parts of my e-mails to show evolution of relationship and 50 of my best photos over the course of the relationship. My original file was 2 inches thick, when I sent the RFE things back the file was 8 inches thick, I sent 1000 double sided pages of conversations on QQ and 500 double sided pages of e-mails and over 550 photos plus all other things they asked for, it held us up for 2 months but was approved anyway.

Its usually nothing to worry about, just a speed bump in the process of a visa application.

Good luck with everything and stay positive!

Like was said, wait for the letter, send in what it says...and things will go right for ya.

Good luck, don't waste time worrying about something you have no clue over until you get the letter. Count your blessings that they are ASKING for something. Some don't get asked any questions and get a hammer at their interview.

tsap seui

Thank you all for the reassurance. I got the RFE and it was because I forgot to answer the question about criminal conviction. I simply checked "No" and signed/date the question again. Whew!