Citizen services at the Consulate in Guangzhou

Does anybody know how far it is from the Citizen services area to the IV interview area?

is the Citizen services area and the IV interview area on the same floor?

Thanks,

Sunny

I've asked on several (forum) sites for information about the consulate layout, and have yet to get much of a response. If you find out, could you please report back?

I believe they are, with the interview windows on one side, and the other services on the other. Not sure where the USCIS windows are. At the old consulate, it was possible to mingle with an interviewee, so I expect it still is, but I haven't heard definitively.

I remember at the old location the areas were next to each other using the same security, only the non citizens area was to the left and the US Citizens area was to the right after security.

All I can find on the web are pictures of the building.

Sure, I will report back if I can find out. My trip to there will be around September or later this year.

I remember at the old location the areas were next to each other using the same security, only the non citizens area was to the left and the US Citizens area was to the right after security.

All I can find on the web are pictures of the building.

They were also joined by a common restroom area, where it was possible to meet up with someone waiting for their interview.

I believe in the new consulate the two areas face across from each other, as in this picture. Somebody said something about another floor, but I forget

http://photos.state.gov/galleries/guangzhou/328671/2013-ncc-photos/great-hall.jpg

are you saying the IV interview is on the first floor? the ACS is on the second floor? Are they using 2 separate security checks? no way to go to the IV interview area for a U.S. citizen? Thanks.

That's the way I understand what he said, yes. It sounds like a little more secure (at least in keeping the two functions separate) of an arrangement than the old consulate.

The old consulate had the restrooms, which had to be accessible from both sides. But they had two separate security checks even then.