Moving to a new house - who/how to notify?

Mr. Don

Hi all. I'm sure there is a post about this somewhere but I couldnt find it. My wife is here on her 2 year green card and we are going to move to a new address in a few weeks. Who do we need to notify, at what point, and how do we do that?

as always we greatly appreciate your help! :-)

thank you

Don, we made a move shortly after my wife and son came home with me to America. I remember doing one of the address changes online and it seems like the other one I snail mailed. We also did the change of address for SS online too.

Good luck, it was pretty simple, and everyone got our address changes with no problem from doing it online.

tsap seui

Yep, Don. I did it a couple of weeks after moving and it does seem like it was the 865 that I snail mailed. At any rate, the SSA change of address and AR-11 were done online with no problems.

Good deal! Do they send out new Perm. Res. Cards after we move?

No, they are not replacing lost cards, only updating residence address with USCIS, home address is not printed on the cards.

• 1 month later...

Hi all. Just wanted to let everyone know that I filled out the change of address forms for my wife and step son (individually) online. It was a pretty short form actually. I then filled out a simple form 865 for myself and mailed it in. This was an easy process. Thanks for all the help :-)