Ahh...  I think Jacob should have taken the the English name of Cain.

Cain Du.  As in "He's a Cain Du kind of guy."

Or maybe Don.

Don Du.  As in "Please Don Du that!"

What a fun name!! :D

awww....come on now, did you see my post under the poll section about name changes???

that is the only reason i dont want Du as the name....people LOVE to come up with possibilities of what would be the best name for our children. i dont mind it, but like i said, that is why he wants to change it so i hope people will not do that to him or else i will be left fighting that battle of getting him to let our name stay as Du!!! oh boy!!

(p.s. if we ever have twin boys, we will name them Scooby and Scrappy!) haha

the possibilities are endless, but i do think i have heard them all. we have been engaged for over a year and talking about marriage for many months before that, SOOOO people have had plenty of time to come up with names to go with Du!!!

but hey, that is my man's name, so i will gladly take it as my own! :)

I think it's a great name! I love puns and word play. The name Du is perfect. The amount of fun you can have with it is almost endless. After a few years when you've heard the dullard "Scooby Du" line for the sixteen zillionth time you'll have witty responses all laid out that'll cut 'em to the quick.

BTW, you can't even imagine (or maybe you could) the amount of jest I endured over Honeycutt when I was younger. :(

Ahh...  I think Jacob should have taken the the English name of Cain.

Cain Du.  As in "He's a Cain Du kind of guy."

Or maybe Don.

Don Du.  As in "Please Don Du that!"

What a fun name!! :D

What about "Dog".... Perhaps that is a "black" nickname, but it goes with the last name too..... Think of all the posibilities.

Dog Du :P

Sorry I couldn't resist..... :)

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with picking out future names. It should be kind of fun.

----- Clifford -----

It is the lowest court with general jurisdiction (as opposed to housing, family, etc).

Many immigrants change their last name when they come to this country, or first name. That is why so many Italian Americans are named Tony because of the lable on their jacket "To NY".

I know one gal's family, shortened their last name to "But" from Buttofuco. My eighbor and the initial owner of my house (brothers) changed their last name to "Boss" from a long Polish jewish name when they started their firm. The town at the time were mostly English and German before taken over by Irish and Italian. Lots of Greens were changed from Greenbaum. I don't see why Jake can't change it from Du to Dupree or DuGal or even DuKim. It would actually sound good. Home Depo

A Chinese laundrymat is called "HansSchmidt's Laundry Service" , but the owner is a Chinese. A customer was very puzzled over the name and asked him how in the world he got this name. He told him:

" When I entered this country, I was standng behind a guy at the POE. The officer asked him, what's you name? "Hans Schimdt," he answered. When it was my turn, he asked me, what is your name?" I said "Sam Ting." :lol: :wub:

A Chinese laundrymat is called "HansSchmidt's Laundry Service" , but the owner is a Chinese. A customer was very puzzled over the name and asked him how in the world he got this name.  He told him:

" When I entered this country, I was standng behind a guy at the POE.  The officer asked him, what's you name?  "Hans Schimdt," he answered.  When it was my turn, he asked me, what is your name?"  I said  "Sam Ting."  :D  :D

That was funny!

Here in Virginia, you go to the County Clerk of the Court and file for a name change, which is then done in Circuit Court. It is a simple motion.

For you, it will probably be in your Parish. Your local Clerk of the Court or Court Clerk (Parish Court Clerk?) should be able to give you a form, the cost and help you with the procedure. Not a big deal.

God's blessings and all of our best wishes with the interview and our prayers!

Jeff

Dear friend, my best advise is to keep Jacob's name as it is in chinese until you clear everything with the government, the decision may bring you some problems in the future that you certainly don't need. Anyway, you can always introduce him as Jacob to the others. As far as the name in the bank accounts goes, you can write down the name that you want as far as you provide them with the correct SSN (have a check with your local bank). I wish you the best, my prayers had been with you in these past nights. It's been a blessing to find this site. "hasta pronto"