Birth Certifica

I have a question on this issue. For the interview at the embassy, the fiance(e) need to bring their Birth Certificates with them. But does it have to be the original, or a certified copy of the original is acceptable? I lost my Original Certificate a long time ago.

Does anyone know about this issue?

Thanks a lot!

I have a question on this issue. For the interview at the embassy, the fiance(e) need to bring their Birth Certifictae with them. But does it have to be the original, or a certified copy of the original is acceptable? I lost my Oroginal Certifictae a long time ago.

Does anyonw know about this issue?

Thanks a lot!

I don't know about China (or the US Consulate), but here in the USA, a copy of the certificate made by the hospital where one was born is considered to be an "Original".

A notarized copy of the birth certificate is also treated essentially the same as an "original".

----- Clifford ------

notarial birth certificate is required. There has been some arguement over whether or not it has to be translated but I would do it anyway, Americans will need to be able to read it at AOS. It is not required for the I-129 but I would recomend you do it anyway then have your fiance copy it and send the copy with the petition then send you the original after NOA 2

notarial birth certificate is required.  There has been some arguement over whether or not it has to be translated but I would do it anyway,  Americans will need to be able to read it at AOS.  It is not required for the I-129 but I would recomend you do it anyway then have your fiance copy it and send the copy with the petition then send you the original after NOA 2

Funny thing about the Chinese notarial documents. When Jingwen took these to the hospital, the staff person assembling all the information looked for the English translation, found it, then ripped the English translations from the assembled package. Only the Chinese portion ended up in the sealed envelope that Jingwen took to the consulate. Go figure.

:unsure:

i know i have to bring my birth certificate when i am going to interview but i don't knwo that it need my gg's also. can i use his passport instead of birth certificate? he will come to china next week and he does not have time to get another copy of his birth certificate. waht i can do? is it a requirement?

i know i have to bring my birth certificate when i am going to interview but i don't knwo that it need my gg's also. can i use his passport instead of birth certificate? he will come to china next week and he does not have time to get another copy of his birth certificate. waht i can do? is it a requirement?

Birth certificate for your fiance is not needed at the interview but it would be a good idea to take his passport into the interview with you just in case the VO asks you if he is here now with you in China you can say yes and show the VO his passport.

This is your interview. Not his......

I don't remember seeing anything in the docs about a requirement for either a passport or birth certificate from the American fiance at the interview.

All of that stuff was reviewed in the USA and is not needed later.

It is all about the Chinese person at that the time of the interview (except the I-134).

----- CK ------

For Youyue this was an issue because she has never had a birth certificate, having been a home birth during those oh-so-wonderful Cultural Revolution days.

If you read the OF-169 carefully you'll see they take account for this possibility. You just go to a notary with the mother of the beneficiary and make a statement that this person was born on such-and-such a date at such-and-such a location. They notarize it and away you go.

I don't remember seeing anything in the docs about a requirement for either a passport or birth certificate from the American fiance at the interview.

All of that stuff was reviewed in the USA and is not needed later.

It is all about the Chinese person at that the time of the interview (except the I-134).

----- CK ------

I don't know where your fiance is living here in the states. However, in Boston, you can go to City Hall and get a notarized copy of one's birth certificate in about 20 minutes. If he has a week there is more then enough time to get one.

Not true I read that??? Or not true I was confused?? Or not true you need it??

Forget the BC thing. Hell, technically you don't even need a I-134! It says as much in the letter from GZ on what documents to bring to the interview. :"I-134 (recommended)." The I-134 isn't as binding like its "big brother", the I-864 and besides, GZ already knows all about the petitioner, rest assured on that. Do you think someone like Tiger Woods or even Bill Gates would need a I-134?...lol....pleez!

Of course, have it for the interview. You want to cover all bases, leaving nothing to chance. I was just pointing out the fact of the matter and all that is needed is your notarized I-134, letter of employment, and a copy of your latest tax return....thatzit!

the only purpose of having the petitioners passport with the chinese fiancee in the intrview is to let the VO know the petitioner is outside waiting and has gone through the trouble to go to China for this part.

1- proves the people are serious

2- VO doesnt want a pissed off american outside waiting to get in if visa refused

this idea holds wait when being interviewed...not the final decision of course.....but does mean something to them

Frank-

(now in Wutai Shan)

I'm no English Scholar, but I think you meant weight, not wait.

Sometimes those little things drive me crazy, but I guess that is my problem.