Second local PSB registration on return trip on same China Visa?

Even though I was layed off last June, my multi-entry China business Visa is good to enter China until February 22, 2014. I visited my laopo-to-be in Ningbo last September over Mid Autumn Festival. I stayed with her and helped her recover from some minor surgery. First day in Ningbo, I registered at the local PSB, and they recorded my Visa expiration.

I have been thinking of visiting her again on the same Visa before expiration, after the Spring Festival travel crunch.

Will I need to register with the local PSB again? I did not inform them when I was leaving, but I think my China Customs exit stamp would suffice. An entry stamp before February 22 would allowme a 30 day stay, correct?

Yes, you need to register with the PSB every time there is a "change to your situation." As such, if you return to China you need to re-register with the PSB, if you change addresses will staying in China you need to re-register with the PSB, if you get a new visa while in China and don't leave the country you need to re-register with the PSB. Basically, if anything changes you need to re-register.

Might as well do it, keeps you on the up and up, and at least for me, the PSB is about a 5 minute walk away and each time it only takes me 2 or 3 minutes.